Saturday, April 18, 2009
Voltaire’s trenchant observation no doubt chafes many critics of former President Bush’s.
Who’s Laughing at the ‘Axis of Evil’ today?
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
There are undoubtedly people who have a more vivid memory of Will Farrell’s “Saturday Night Live” version of the “Axis of Evil”—the one in which Farrell, as President George W. Bush, denounced Iran, Iraq and “one of those Koreas”—than of the real thing from Bush’s 2002 State of the Union address. A lot of comedians made a lot of fun of the “Axis of Evil” concept. But now, more than seven years later, it’s looking pretty solid.
This is what Bush said on the subject of Iran, Iraq and North Korea:
States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.
You can argue till the end of time about Iraq’s place in that group. But is there anything you would disagree with in the former president’s assessment of Iran and North Korea? The last administration’s comedy fodder is this administration’s bipartisan consensus.
Recently I called David Frum, who is a friend and also the Bush speechwriter who came up with the “Axis” concept. (He originally wrote it as “Axis of Hatred.”) Given the seriousness of the situations in Iran and North Korea today, I asked, why all the mocking of the concept, virtually from the very beginning?
“The thing I never cease to marvel at,” Frum told me, “is that the phrase has become more and more of a joke even as the demonstration of the validity of the concept has become more extensive.” Frum listed some of the things the public knows now that it didn’t when Bush gave his speech—the A.Q. Khan network, the Iran-North Korea connection, the Iran-Hamas link. That’s just the kind of thing Bush was talking about.
But why were people ever laughing? Well, a lot of them just liked to laugh at Bush. But Frum believes there’s something else—the complicated nature of the word “evil.” “It just seemed overtorqued,” he told me. We use the word “evil,” Frum explained, in two very different ways. One is the totally serious sense in which we describe a very, very small group of bad actors—a group that doesn’t extend far beyond Adolf Hitler. The other is the sense in which we use “evil” as a light-hearted description for things that are at most a bit naughty—like saying we feel “evil” after ordering the chocolate cake. “If you’re not talking about Hitler, you’re talking about cake,” Frum said. “That’s why it was funny.” But that incongruity made it difficult for people to take the “Axis of Evil” seriously, even though it was, and is, quite serious.
Now, it’s not so hard. The Obama administration is trying to engage Iran on its nuclear program, and its allies in Congress worry there’s little time left to talk. On March 26, a group of top House Democrats sent a letter to President Barack Obama warning that, “Engagement must be serious and credible, but it cannot be open-ended.—We cannot allow Iran to use diplomatic discussions as a cover for continuing to work on its nuclear program.” The Democratic lawmakers said Iran must stop enriching uranium “within, at most, a few months of the initiations of discussions.”
So now we have a new administration with a more “nuanced” approach which has encouraged the Axis of Evil to resume their pattern of belligerence, provocation, and wmd development.
Was this the change the fools were looking for?
Friday, April 17, 2009
In a poll of more than 1,800 believers in this country, almost six out of 10 either strongly agreed or somewhat agreed with the statement that Satan "is not a living being but is a symbol of evil," while only 26 percent strongly disagreed. Proving the inconsistency that exists among many biblically unsound Christians' theology, almost half (47 percent) of those who say Satan is merely a symbol of evil still believe a person can be influenced by spiritual forces such as demons.
When it comes to biblically grounded views about the Holy Spirit, the statistics aren't much better. A disconcerting 58 percent of those polled either strongly agreed or somewhat agreed that the Holy Spirit is simply "a symbol of God's power or presence" rather than an actual living entity. (Among those, 38 percent fell into the "strongly agreed" category.) Only one-quarter strongly disagreed with the statement. Oddly enough, among those who believe the Holy Spirit doesn't actually exist, almost half (49 percent) say the Bible is completely accurate in everything it teaches. [barna.org, 4/13/09]
Element is used to describe the place where things we love to do and things we are good at come together. Each one of us must find our element. Have you ever heard the saying, "He is in his element"? It's that place where everything you do well and beautifully is enhanced and expressed without hindrance because of the perfect environment you're in. Water is the element of fish for instance. You've also possibly heard the saying, "He's like a fish out of water." Well, that simply means you are "out of your element." Many people suffer unnecessarily because they are forced to operate out of their element, and when this happens there is a pressure on them to be something that they're not.
This is one huge positive in terms of a prophetic gift. My belief is that a prophetic voice places a person in their element by releasing a word to them, that, in turn, forces them to seek an environment conducive or favorable for their gift. My goal and aspiration in life is to create environments for all whom I am privileged to be in contact with—where each one of them is inspired to grow creatively.
King David was in his element in the wild, on the hills and mountains with his harp in one hand and his sling in the other. He was chosen as king, but the environment that was afforded him was not favorable for his existence. Once he got into the polished, marble and gold palace, he felt like a fish out of water. He ended up with another man's wife and killing his best friend.
Eventually, King David built a mountain, a rough mountain, and called it Zion. On that mountain he placed a tent, and in the tent, the Ark of the Covenant. He called this place, "The City of David." He created an environment where he was inspired and "at home." He was in his element. People need to have the chance to do what they should be doing and to discover their element in their own way.
What is Your Purpose? What is Your Destiny?
The fact is that there is a difference between your purpose and your destiny. Your destiny is your ultimate election. Your purpose is your present call. What did God choose you to do ultimately on this earth? What is your ultimate election? What were you elected to do before you were born? That's what your destiny is. What is your purpose? Your purpose is whatever you are called to do right now at this very moment.
Again, let me mention King David. David was one of those guys that was in his element when he was in the field, with his harp and with his slingshot, when he was killing bears and lions and singing songs to God. One day the prophet Samuel came to him and said, "You are anointed to be the King of Israel." And from that point onward, destiny was released in David. David already had an election before he was born, but destiny was released. It was stagnant until the prophetic word came to David.
The same applies to you—there is something inside of you that has not yet been unlocked. There is a destiny inside of you that you don't even know about, that you were elected for long before you were born, and suddenly, the Spirit breathes on you and immediately that destiny inside of you is released, it's unlocked, and you suddenly become more aware of it.
Once Samuel had prophesied and laid his hands upon David and said, "You are the King of Israel," did David become the king immediately? No, not according to the Scriptures—it tells us that it took years until David was finally crowned as the King of Judah, and then later the King of Israel. This is important for you to realize—David lived according to his destiny while he was serving his purpose. Destiny is what you are ultimately called to perform in this life. Your purpose is what you are called to perform while progressing to your destiny.
First of all, David is elected and anointed to be the King of Israel, the King of Zion. But he is a young man. He goes out into the fields and one day he hears the sound of a giant that is challenging the people of Israel. Suddenly, something rises in David and he becomes enraged and boldness rises inside of him. His destined authority takes over and he begins to say things that he never dreamed he would say as a shepherd and psalmist. David begins to speak to the people and says, "Give me this uncircumcised Philistine, I'll take him down!"
This boldness provokes anger and jealousy amongst his brothers. His brothers say, "What are you doing here? You are supposed to be in the field looking after our Dad's sheep." They get provoked to jealousy, because sometimes that's what happens when the authority of God comes upon you when you have a destiny. So David says, "I want to have a chance to fight this giant."
You know this story. He prophesies to Goliath and tells him exactly what he's going to do with him in the name of the Lord of Hosts, and it happens! From that point onward, David's call or purpose is to be an armor bearer for King Saul. You may think, "He was anointed to be the King of Israel!" Well that's right, but you've got to understand that he has to serve a purpose before he takes the throne in his ultimate election.
What Are You Called to Do Right Now?
What is your call? What is your purpose? What are you called to do right now? David was called to be an armor bearer and psalmist-musician for King Saul; that was his temporary purpose. Your purpose is always temporary, always changing, but always promoting your destiny. Your present purpose is never permanent. It's important for you to understand that. What you are doing right now may only be for a specific time because God is leading you to your destiny. But if you don't fulfill your call, you may never get to your destiny.
What was David's "call" after that? David's call after that was to run into the wild and live there in exile. King Saul became jealous of David and chased after him, attempting to kill the anointing that he felt belonged to him. David's call, or his purpose, was to be in the field, in the mountains and the hills. Yet even though he was in a place of confinement, he was fulfilling a call and a purpose.
Joseph was anointed and had a dream of kingship. His brothers became jealous of him and were provoked to anger. Why? Because Joseph opened his mouth and spoke with boldness and said, "This is what I dreamed." You see, that boldness comes upon you only when you have been released into your destiny. Once you've been released into your destiny, you may not even realize it, but you are speaking out something that is already in existence. Many other people will be angry with you and upset.
After they sold Joseph as a slave, he was "called" to be in Potiphar's home. Joseph was then placed into prison, and even though he was in solitary confinement, he had a purpose. His purpose was to minister to the butler, to the baker and to the prisoners, and he did it! The Bible says that Joseph prospered in prison. You can prosper in any kind of confinement IF you realize that this is your purpose, and this purpose is leading you to your ultimate election.
You don't have to be confined by bars. You don't have to be confined by the words of people. You don't have to be confined by hatred, jealousy or competition. No matter where they place you, you will still prosper because your destiny dictates your present circumstances. Many of you don't realize that if you keep your eye on your destiny and you fulfill your present purpose—which is whatever you are called to do, whether mopping floors somewhere or working a menial job—YOU WILL BE HAPPY WHILE ON YOUR JOURNEY TO YOUR POSITION IN LIFE.
2 Peter 1:10: "Therefore brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and your election sure. For if you do these things you will not stumble."
When you are sure of your call and you are sure of your election, you will never stumble. The word "stumble" there doesn't mean that you're not going to sin and you're not going to make a mistake. It just means that you may fall down, you may make a mistake, but you will ultimately rise up and you will get back on track because YOUR CALL AND YOUR DESTINY WILL RESTORE YOU.
Your Call is Your Purpose in 2009
Now I'm going to rephrase this because I want you to be in your element. I want you to be at the place where you are doing what you enjoy doing and you are doing what you do well, so that you are not like a fish out of water. Remember, there's a difference between your call and your election. Your call is your purpose in 2009. What is your purpose in 2009?
"Well, I'm called to be a radio announcer. Well, I'm called at this time to be a janitor, but I know that one day I'm going to be a multi-millionaire. I'm going to be a great salesman; an entrepreneur." Make sure of what your call is, and make sure of your election. What's amazing in 2 Peter 1:10-11, "...if you do this...(if you know what your election is and if you know what your call is) an entrance will be supplied for you in the everlasting Kingdom..." What does this mean?
Everybody wants to enter the Kingdom. I'm not talking about going to Heaven. Entering the Kingdom of God means being effective, powerful, influential and affluent in every way on this Earth for the purpose of God. Peter says that, "You have an entrance into the everlasting Kingdom." The Kingdom of God is the rulership of God and we have to enter that. And he is also saying, "If you know what your calling is, if you know what your election is, there will be a door open to you into the everlasting Kingdom."
Why was David able to sing in Psalm 57:7, "My heart is fixed oh God, my heart is fixed: I WILL sing praise" while he was in a cave? What gave him this boldness? He was hated by an entire army. King Saul was looking to kill him. He had a few men around him that weren't even trustworthy. He had no reason, while in a cave under miserable circumstances and conditions, to say, "My heart is fixed." He knew what his purpose was, he knew what his election was and so he sang to God, "My heart is fixed and I will sing praises."
If someone can say "My heart is stable, I'm not insecure, and I'm going to sing praises," then even if that person was in prison or in debt or whatever, that person has security, NOT in his circumstances, NOT in the things that are happening around him, but he is confident in this one thing: "He that has called me is faithful and He will do it." David knew he was the King of Israel. He was dumped in a miserable cave, chased by an army, but he lifted up his voice and he said, "My heart is steady, my heart is secure, and I WILL sing praise!" And he did it. He sang praise and the result was that he ended up being the King of Israel.
When Are You in Your Element?
When God breathes on somebody and speaks, He places that person in their element, which in turn forces them to seek an environment conducive or favorable for their gift. When God speaks to you and shows you what you are going to do one day, what ultimately happens then is the enemy of your soul tries to create an environment to stifle your creativity. He tries to create a religious environment to stifle your gift so it won't be effective and what that does is it forces you to find and create an environment where you can be most effective.
You have to seek and create an environment where you are in your element, where you are operating at your best, your finest, being your sharpest. You have the ability to create that environment.
I have found that if you can operate your gift, like David did in a cave and like Joseph did in prison, then you've learned to create an environment that brings the best out of you under the most difficult circumstances and one day when things are more favorable, you will perform perfectly. That's what God wants from you. Don't ever think that you are going to be stuck in this rut forever. Start searching and saying, "What do I need to do to be most effective?" and then create the environment that will bring the best out of you. Go!
Prophetic Image Expressions
Let’s start this off with a question: Do these people (the left and their media bullies) ever take a clear look at themselves or give an honest listen to what they’re saying?
The answer to that, based on their reaction to the nationwide tea parties thrown around the country on April 15th, would have to be a resounding, “NO!” And while saying that it has to be “no” I’m reserving some Polyandrous hope that they’ll one day look around and hear and see how they’re acting and hopefully realize that they’re making absolute blubbering, foul mouthed, temper tantrum throwing fools of themselves.
Oh, I’m not worried that they’re stepping all over their very own dignity like drunken grape stompers in some fifth rate winery by acting like a four year old who isn’t getting his way. I really could not possibly care less about that. They should know better. That’s not why I’m wishing at least some of them would come to their senses.
I’m worried because this country seems to be in the hands of self centered, screaming, heel kicking, purple-faced-with-rage children with Ivy League degrees or the bully pulpits of various media outlets. And that, folks, will lead to nothing but more and more contempt for them from the adults in the room. That would be you and me.
Read the whole thing, and if you are on the left hang your head in shame.
Next time I organize a national effort like this as the big man behind the movement I'll do better. HA
The left is looking for someone to blame, might as well be ME!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- The Freedom to keep what you earn and spend it as you please.
- The Freedom to take risks, and live with the consequences.
- The Right to participate in the political process by donating money to causes you support (like Proposition 8 in California) without being harassed by radicals
- The Freedom to work in a shop without belonging to a union.
- The Freedom to use a secret ballot when voting to unionize.
- The Freedom to express conservative opinions on talk radio.
- The Freedom to express conservative opinions as an invited speaker on a college campus.
- The Freedom to express conservative opinion on the internet.
- The Freedom to debate whether disparities in achievement among races and sexes is a product of genetics.
- The Freedom to question whether Global Warming is really happening.
- The Freedom to earn a market salary in the Financial Services industry.
- The Freedom not to be pressed into involuntary service to the state.
- The Freedom to purchase and drive an SUV or any other vehicle you choose.
- The Freedom to own a pickup truck.
- The Freedom to wear fur, leather, or other material made of a formerly living creature.
- The Freedom to hire whoever you want to work for you.
- The Freedom to fire an employee for any reason, or for no reason at all.
- The Freedom to rent a property you own to the person or persons of your choice.
- The Freedom to use your own property in whatever way that you may choose.
- The Freedom to earn a living by logging, ranching, fishing, or any other activity they don’t approve of.
- The Freedom to take risks with your own investments.
- The Freedom to keep the profits of your investments.
- The Freedom to join with others to criticize a politician within 30 days of an election.
- The Right to own a firearm.
- The Right to own a firearm arbitrarily designated as an “assault weapon.”
- The Right to use a firearm in defense of your home and loved ones.
- The Right to carry a firearm in public for your own defense.
- The Right to purchase ammunition for your firearm.
- The Freedom to discuss a military career with a recruiter at a public school or university, as well as the right to participate in ROTC.
- The Freedom to eat food made with transfats.
- The Freedom to smoke tobacco (but not marijuana, explain that to me.)
- The Freedom of a business to decide for itself whether it wants to be smoke-free.
- The Freedom for adults between the ages of 18 to 21 to consume alcoholic beverages
- The Freedom to purchase health care in a free market.
- The Freedom to publicly celebrate a Christian holiday.
- The Freedom to lead others of your faith in voluntary public prayer.
- The Freedom to hold a Bible study group in a public school.
- The Freedom to discuss the relationship between terrorism and Islam.
- The Freedom to choose a school for your child.
- The Freedom to homeschool your child.
- The Freedom for your home-schooled child to use public school facilities paid for with your tax dollars.
- The Freedom for male athletes to compete in any sport they want, even if it means there are more male athletes than female athletes within a school system.
- The Freedom for private schools to compete on an equal footing with public schools.
- The Freedom to fire an incompetent public school teacher.
- The Right not to have your legitimate vote canceled out by a fraudulent ACORN voter.
- The Freedom not to have your property confiscated by the state and given to another entity for higher tax revenue.
- The Freedom to develop domestic sources of energy.
- The Freedom to use coal-powered electricity.
- The Freedom to use nuclear-powered electricty.
- The Freedom to set your thermostat at whatever temperature makes you comfortable.
- The Freedom to protect your homes, schools, and hospitals from a flood of unassimilated third-worlders through legislation, propositions, and denial of welfare benefits to non-citizens.
- The Freedom to travel wherever you please, by any means you choose.
- The Freedom to have a private club open only to a membership of your choosing.
- The Freedom to operate a business with minimal interference from the state.
- The Freedom to discuss whether certain communities are responsible for their own problems.
- The Freedom to refuse responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of others and its consequences.
- The Freedom to practice work as an obstetrician without the threat of junk-science lawsuits from the likes of John Edwards.
- The Freedom to consume as much red meat as you like.
- The Freedom to watch news on a network that is not ideologically leftist.
- The Freedom to decide for yourself what is news, without the interference of ideological “deciders” (i.e. the editors and producers of television and newspapers).
- The Right to protest in front of an abortion mill.
- The Right to know whether your minor daughter is seeking an abortion.
- The Right to know whether your minor child is getting birth control from the school nurse.
- The Freedom to let the public decide the definition of marriage.
- The Freedom to light your homes with incandescent lightbulbs.
- The Freedom to use toilets that work with a single flush.
- The Freedom to use washers, driers, dishwashers, and other appliances that get the job done.
- The Freedom to raise your Family with your values, not theirs.
- The Freedom to non-abusively discipline your children with corporal punishment.
- The Freedom to object to textbooks and library materials in public schools paid for by your tax dollars and made available to your children.
- The Freedom to express the opinion that homosexual acts are distasteful, immoral, or unholy.
- The Freedom to ban pornography from your community.
- The Freedom to raise your children in a porn-free environment.
- The Freedom for ranchers to exterminate predators that spread disease and kill livestock.
- The Right to protest against the Teleprompter-in-Chief’s Trillion dollar deficits.
- The Freedom to publish editorial cartoons with monkeys in them.
- The Freedom to teach Huck Finn, Othello or To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984, Silas Marner, Ivanhoe, or other works in a high school class over the objection of ignorant politically correct dumbasses.
- The Freedom not to feel guilt about things done to other people, by other people centuries in the past.
- The Freedom to pursue private sector alternatives to state-provided services.
- The Freedom for religious charities to compete for grants on an equal footing with community-based organizations (shakedown rackets, I mean).
- The Right to criticize minority individuals for inferior performance.
- The Right of an asthmatic to use an aerosol based inhaler to save his/her life.
- The Freedom/Right to hunt animals for food or sport.
- The Freedom to advertise junk food.
- The Freedom to advertise red meat or dairy products on television.
- The Freedom to eat fast food or operate a fast food restaurant.
- The Freedom to own a black car or a big screen TV
- The Freedom to idle your car.
- The Freedom to own certain dog breeds
- The Freedom of cowboys to hold rodeos.
- The Freedom to enjoy NASCAR races.
- The Freedom of blacks, gays, and other minorities to become conservatives or Republicans
- The Freedom to critcize Islam.
- The Freedom to tell jokes about people of different ethnicities.
- The Freedom to tell jokes about people of different sexual proclivities.
- The Freedom to tell jokes involving stereotypes of women and minorities. (Note: It’s perfectly OK for a leftist like Jon Stewart, Seth MacFarlane, or Hillary Clinton to do this.)
- The Freedom to own jet skis or powerboats.
- The Freedom to own a snowmobile or other off-road vehicle.
- The Freedom to discuss the possibility, in a public school, that life is not a random evolutionary accident, but designed by a purposeful Creator.
- Your Freedom to use or produce whatever amount of harmless carbon dioxide you choose.
- The Very Basic Freedom to see the world in a different way than a liberal, progressive, Democrat, fascist does.
- (New) Your freedom to keep the housepet of your choice.
Liberal photogs:There were quite a number of liberal photographers there. You could pick them out like pepper grains in the salt shaker. They had that whole anti Globalization protester look about them, plus they seemed removed from the event. I did not have to worry about them snapping my picture, because the last thing a liberal would want would be to showcase blacks at a predominately conservative rally.
Just so you are never confused who the opposition really is.
The Woman who just WON'T go away and that torments the left no end. We have not heard the end of Sarah Palin - Thank GOD
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:07 PM
By: Dan Weil
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has alienated some Republicans with her substance and style during and after the campaign in which she was John McCain’s running mate.
But one constituency certainly won’t take offense: those who oppose abortion.
Palin is scheduled to attend an anti-abortion banquet in Evansville, Ind. Thursday – the self-proclaimed biggest such event in the country.
The Vanderburgh County Right to Life Banquet expects sold-out attendance of 2,180 at an Evansville civic center, with 600-700 more people in an overflow room.
"For her to go to a place like Indiana speaks volumes about who she is and where her heart is," says Marjorie Dannenfelser, who heads the Susan B. Anthony List, which supports female political candidates who oppose abortion.
"I think it's a good choice for her because it's a reflection of who she is: sort of out of the Beltway," Dannenfelser tells the Anchorage Daily News.
While Palin seemed to relish creating her own public profile apart from McCain during the presidential campaign, this will be her first major public event outside Alaska since the election.
And of course the occasion presents a good chance for Palin to prove her right-wing bona fides well ahead of the 2012 campaign, in which she is expected to be an eager participant.
"While we shouldn't read too much into a single event, it sure looks like she has her eyes set on GOP primary voters," Neil Newhouse, a Republican strategist for Public Opinion Strategies in Alexandria, Va, tells the Daily News.
One thing Palin isn’t doing is flip-flopping on the abortion issue. During her gubernatorial campaign of 2006, Palin said she would oppose abortion for her daughter even if she was raped.
As of this morning's count, the real number is upwards of 225,000. I suspected as much. This was a grass roots action. Of course don't expect to see or hear about any of this on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NYT or CNN. They live in a make believe alternate reality. If a tree falls in the forest cut down by a conservative, it didn't fall.
The liberal media is going la la la la la la hoping it will all go away. Liberal blogs are making as small of this as possible. It's a lost cause.
Guess what folks, pretending it isn't so, doesn't make it not so.
I think the most disgusting part of this was the truly off color and snarky filth of Anderson Cooper. Until this week had no idea that the term teabagging had other meanings.
I guess Anderson and his boyfriend would know more about this than I did.
The one we had in Geneva was organized by a group of Catholics. Local. Their driving force was the life issue. Abortion. Planned Parenthood. Freedom of Choice Act.
Yet, many, perhaps MOST of the protest was about tax and spend.
This was not advertised. It was not in the paper. It was not posted any where. It just happened. Instant. Viral. Without hype. I heard about it two days before it came off.
SO, at least as far as I'm concerned this was just one of those special moments when people came together and said "WE DO NOT AGREE".
I hope this does not become a big man thing. It's so much more powerful when it's groundswell.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I'm proud to have been a part of it all. The people were very nice. Many honks of unity. And no liberals gave me the finger. I'm glad I went. Maybe I was disappointed that there was ONE republican politician who spoke. This was of the people by the people. Even the local talk radio didn't support or endorse any of the tea parties. But, two days ago I got an email from a friend. That was the first I heard of it at all. Got to hold a sign. This was a viral protest. Of course according to CNN and MSNBC this never happened. Yes it did. This proves the vapid integrity of the news media.
I felt good. Did anything happen? I don't know. But I know the hundreds of thousands who came out today want things to change. It was great to feel part of something that matters. Let's not lose this spirit.
Obama promised to bring us all together. He sure did.
Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California.
> White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia’s third language.
> Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.
> Baby conceived naturally! Scientists stumped.
> Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.
> Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.
> France pleads for global help after being taken over by Lichtenstein. No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!
> Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.
> George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.
> Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.
> 85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and exercise are the keys to weight loss.
> Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.
>Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Floruba.
> Abortion clinics now available in every High School in United States
> Senate still blocking drilling in ANWR even though gas is selling for 4532 Pesos per liter and gas stations are only open on Tuesdays and Fridays.
> Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative in the state.
> Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.
> Average height of NBA players is now nine feet, seven inches.
> New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2030.
>IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent.
> Floruba voters still having trouble with voting machines.
> I Love This Country!
> It’s The Government That Scares Me!
Many are alarmed with the speed and blindness with which our nation is veering toward a leftist, socialist predicament at the hand of President Obama and his willing accomplices in the Congress. It's nothing new, folks. It's actually (like everything else the left has been trying for forty years) a page out of a very old playbook. I refer you to Genesis chapter 47, where we can walk through the process step by step in the situation with ancient Egypt:
And there was no bread in all the land; for the famine was very sore, so that the land of Egypt and all the land of Canaan fainted by reason of the famine. And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house. (Genesis 47:13-14)
Read the whole thing.
Monday, April 13, 2009
AH, now I get it.... We don't understand the pirates of Somalia, they aren't pirates, they're ecologists
It's not about money. They are concerned for the environment. They are Greenpeace with an AK-47.
Why am I not surprised? The environmentalist faction of liberal thinking, doesn't think. You'll hear more of this drivel.