Sunday, November 19, 2006

George W Bush's Noble War

I have many readers who have been quite vocal about their opposition to the USA's war on terror, to the whole effort in Iraq and the Middle East. Orson Scott Card has written a detailed defense of the war as waged by Bush and Co.

The problem is, it is comprehensive, long and requires some intellectual effort to get thru. I have stripped out the meat of it and posted it for your review.

If you are an opponent of the war and have enough intellectual honesty to consider how those of us who are Christians can sincerely support this effort, I challenge you to read the whole thing. Top to bottom. If at the end you still see the War on Terror as a wrong even unchristian venture, I want to hear your opinion. I am more convinced today of the rightness of this war than I was a year ago.

Take 10 minutes and read the whole thing here.

It could change your opinion and maybe your life.

2 comments:

Steve Scott said...

"Nobel" war? Or "Noble" war. Is this a typo because you mean "noble" or do you think W's war is worthy of a Nobel Prize? Gene, I'll try to read the whole thing and comment.

Steve Scott said...

Gene, I agree with much that you have to say, but on the war on terror, I digress. I've read the article several times and was moved to comment on it. There's a bit more to it than I'd care to plop down here in a comment section, so you can read my comments on my blog. I'd be interested in your thoughts.
http://fromthepew.blogspot.com/2006/11/counting-cost-of-war-on-terror.html