Saturday, December 26, 2009
The world has become profoundly divided.
Both sides see the other as weirdly strange.
Is there any way to make the other side see things from my point of view?
Both sides now...
Thursday, December 24, 2009
And whoever the doofus was that came up with this list has to have come from a planet other than earth.
Example: His or Her list of the Top Ten NON FICTION books for 2009. None of which have even seen the best seller list, been read by anyone on earth or mars. Here is it... bonus points if you recognize even ONE.
You won't. No wonder there's such a cultural divide. The side that came up with this has none.
Top 10 Nonfiction Books
- The Age of Wonder by Richard Holmes
- D-Day by Antony Beevor
- Lit by Mary Karr
- Changing My Mind by Zadie Smith
- The Lords of Finance by Liaquat Ahamed
- Logicomix by Apostolos Doxiadis, Christos H. Papadimitriou, Alecos Papadatos and Annie Di Donna
- Manhood for Amateurs by Michael Chabon
- Strength in What Remains by Tracy Kidder
- Cooking Dirty by Jason Sheehan
- John Cheever: A Life by Blake Bailey
The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in Canada, especially in the minority races! Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my federal prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.
After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers. When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?' There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!' I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?' The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.' He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.' I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'
The Imam was speechless! I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?' You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the Diversification training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs. In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in Canada to elect the Prime Minister! I think everyone in Canada should be required to read this. There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us send it on! The man who walks with God always gets to his destination. If you have a pulse you have a purpose.
This is your chance to make a difference.
It looks like Saint NAT will be leaving a lump of coal for Barry tonight.
Vovochkin is sitting in a history class when his teacher encourages students to denounce God's existence and say some kind of blaspheme. Everyone complies except for Vovochkin.
Teacher:"Vovochkin, are you some kind of Christian or something?"
Teacher:"Why wouldn't you denounce God"
Vovochkin:" Well, if God doesn't exist, why are spending so much time denouncing him? you look stupid; if God does exist, you are stupid once again for denouncing someone like Him."
Who actually believes in this man....fewer I'll postulate than those who actually believe in Santa Claus. And, it's not conservatives. They never really did..a few.. but few. It's now Liberals and middle of the road voters embarrassed by the Obama 08 stickers on their cars.
Oh sure there are a few die hards, but fewer every day. He was a supernova who flashed brightly on the scene and swept into office with no more qualification than a street sweeper. Being President is hard. He has now learned this. I want him to succeed, not his policies, HIM. But, he needs to get a dose of realism. He came into this gig with zero understanding of what he is doing. He surrounded himself with ideologues, community organizers, lawyers, professional politicians and Chicago machine mobsters. Not a great pool of leadership depth.
Well, his good till date has expired. I actually don't think he's a bad man. Just out of his league. And he fooled enough good people that he is now in a place where failure shouldn't be an option...Except he is failing...terminally.
Daniel Henniger has a good Wall Street Journal OP ED piece on all this.
Nobody says "Barack Obama" anymore. He's just "Obama." He is the champ of one-name celebrities. Bono, Beyoncé, Sting, Madonna, Moby, LeBron, Ronaldo, even Oprah—no one's close. Obama. Oh-BAHH-ma. OhhhhhbamaMr President, please reflect on what you have done...or didn't do. It's not too late to repent.
The politician formerly known as Barack Obama swept into office on a wave of goodwill. After the election his support grew, giving him a bigger win than the 52.9% to 45.7% voting result.
The election itself was part fairy tale, part fight of the century. The incredible primary battle between the rookie from Illinois and Team Clinton was a mesmerizing, six-month thriller
The American presidency isn't like anything else in life. What was magic at Harvard or wowed independents in 2008 isn't necessarily what works in the Oval Office or in a room with Vladimir Putin or Wen Jiabao, who are quite beyond the experience of political awe.
The aspect of the "Obama" phenomenon that disconcerts me most is the sense that Barack Obama himself is at times oblivious of where it has taken him. The first time was his acceptance speech last year in Denver, in which he promised to solve, well, pretty much everything. Grandiosity is de rigueur on that occasion, but this was its antic cousin, grandiloquence.
From the Wizard of Oz to Tiger Woods, the greatest danger to grand men is feet of clay. There are varieties of clay. For the politician known as Obama it is that if he is shown to be a cynic, he is finished. "Monopoly money" was an everyone-agrees-with-me remark. But to everyone, it was simply fantastic.
It's all hot air. Don't buy a minute of it.
Here's a peek at the truth.
It's not that rosy scenario you've been hearing about.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
He hung that hat often. Of course it was all baloney.
Chris Matthews is and always has been a crackpot (I love that word) liberal. A Toad in the French kind of way. Those who are unsure, spineless and unable to maintain any kind of center like the French are called Toads. Shakespeare was the first to use this nomenclature.
Anyway, the Toad Matthews admitted to being a liberal a few days ago. Big shock. But, now he admits that Saul Alinsky (Rules for Radicals) is a hero of his.
I didn't watch him before, but now I will even less...if that is even possible.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Movie started at 6:30 and was sold out by 5:30.
Colorful imaginative. Special effects out the door. Creative beyond belief. And, I loved all the plants and animals.
Please can we have a movie without a stupid message? Earth Mother religion? Come on.....
Warmonger white men (George Bush) was just below the surface. And the noble savage myth.
Like those who believe that the American Indian had some great earth mother religion that we somehow missed.
Sorry, it's not playing true.
So, go see the movie, it's really interesting how they made it. BUT, you have to look past a lot of religion to enjoy it.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Of course, that has nothing to do with anything, right?
Liberals are at heart unhappy people....
I rest my case.
- Excessive heat
- Excessive cold
- Warm winters
- Cold winters
- Hot summers
- Cold summers
- Autumns with great foliage colors
- Autumns lacking foliage colors
- Lack of snow
- Abundance of snow
Oy to the World
Schlepping through a Winter Wonderland
Bubbe Got Run Over By a Reindeer
Enough with the Jingle Bells!
Come On Baby, Light My Menorah
Deck the Halls, and Clean Up This Schmutz
I Saw Mommy Kissing Some Fat Goy with a Beard
Over the River and Through the Woods… “Harold, the Road’s Over There!”
All I Want For Christmas Is for My Son to Call Me Once in a While
I’ll Be Home for Christmas…. Don’t Worry About Me… I’ll Sit The Dark
Silent Night? I Should Be So Lucky
Hat Tip to Barry Kolb
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they’re serving rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It’s rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It’s not as if you’re going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It’s a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It’s later than you think. It’s Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That’s the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they’re made with skim milk or whole milk. If it’s skim, pass. Why bother? It’s like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people’s food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year’s. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.. This is the time for long naps, which you’ll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don’t budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They’re like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you’re never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don’t like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it’s loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.
10. One final tip: If you don’t feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven’t been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
1. Make Government Open and TransparentJust so you don't think I'm kidding, here on you tube is BHO proclaiming this to be the case.
2. Make it "Impossible" for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You'll know what's in it (Republican Senators didn't know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online
I know there are promises he made that he CAN'T keep. Like the unemployment level not going too high. BUT there are promises he made that he CAN keep. And, his bozo fellows in Congress just make mincemeat of him.
That's what happens when amateur hour takes place.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
And many others.
Then there are those who on the outside are very liberal but underneath have middle right sensibilities that belie their liberalism. Whoopi Goldberg would be one. I heard an interesting story from a business associate that confirmed this assumption with me.
When a person is young they can and SHOULD be a radical. They should believe. They should push for progressive change. It's part of growing up. Then, when they get older it's time to put away childish things and see the world for what it really is. Some never do. They become the face of Old Lefties.
Not pretty - Exhibit A:
Abraham Lincoln once said that a Man's face is the roadmap on which you can see all the joys and pain they have endured. Garrison's is not a good map to joy.
We have a terrible mess that is about to pass congress and that Obama will sign.
I do not repent of my desire to see a program to reform our broken health care system. I’m right. To do nothing is ignorance. To do something worse is criminal. That’s what we have. Now a plan that protects Big Pharma and Big Insurance will be signed into law. Even the radical left understands what a racket this really is.
This is a bad law written by bad people. You will hear more about this. When the details of this catastrophe becomes known we will all howl like banshees. It’s horrible. A nuclear bomb of bad policy.
So, there is the conundrum. Doing nothing is unacceptable; doing something worse is catastrophic.
Sure, we will have a brief victory in 2010. Who knows it might even get Sarah Palin elected in 2012. But, we have now proven who really runs this country. And the evil behind them have carved out a long term strategy to win from this day forward.
Welcome to Hell.