I did so for John Shore. What I have received is ridicule. I didn't ridicule him.
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest (Proverbs 29:9).
I made public certain concerns about what he writes. I don't know the man, my only experience is by his Fruits.
By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matt 7:16
You children of serpents! How can you say anything good when you are evil? The mouth speaks about what overflows from the heart. Matthew 12:34John Shore is in need of correction. I only have the word of God to do so. He's not going to take it. He's foolish.
Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval. Timothy 3:16
Do not talk directly to a fool, because he will despise the wisdom of your words. Proverb 23:9
The Book of Proverbs is true:
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction (1:7).
- Because they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way, And be satiated with their own devices. For the waywardness of the naive shall kill them, And the complacency of fools shall destroy them (1:29-32).
- He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).
- Even what the fool believes to be true may be only his worthless opinion. The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, But the mouth of fools spouts folly (15:2).
- He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you. Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).
Drive out the scoffer, and contention will go out, Even strife and dishonor will cease (Proverbs 22:10).I don't have the authority to do this, but it should be done. I just did. Do I expect change?
Nope. See Proverbs above.
But if I don't make the effort I am being disobedient.