Saturday, January 10, 2009

Suiting Up

I was buying clothes. Big and tall shop. I'm not so much tall as, well, you know.

The sales guy asked me a question. "Do you have a good suit". I have suits. Good? I don't know. Old. Most of them are well used. I would like a nice suit but it has to look good on me.

I watch ESPN and the guys on Fox Sports, Howie and Terry and such. They look great. Those suits are expensive. Three grand a hit. I know that.

But they are big guys and not all of them are tall. Yet they look like a million bucks. Particularly the black guys. They wear these amazing suits and ties that are so beautiful. It helps to have dark even black skin to offset the bright patterns and colors. I am pretty pink pale. So, I need to think it over.

None the less, the time when the suit guy can make me look like one of those guys from halftime on ESPN I'm in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Till then I'll wear my shopworn sports jackets and slacks. Terry and Howie, I'd be about your size. You can't wear the same suit all day now can you. Mr Gene would appreciate a handout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

menswarehouse.com

youd be surprized who shops there...you don't have to spend a million to look like a million.

Anonymous said...

Isn't envy one of the 7...? Hmmm. If you feel a need to "pimp out", Cicero Ave. by Midway. You can Mac Daddy yourself into nirvana for $100 -trust me.

I've said this to you before: a dork in a million dollar suit is still a dork (Howie and Terry included). I think this came up during the election, except it involved lipstick.

I could have a field day with this, but I have to go to worship...

Call me later if you need help. I'm here to serve.

Selah