Friday, April 21, 2006
In case you had any doubts about liberal press bias in this country read this:
Cindy Sheehan protests, yells, calls names does all kinds of things and is invited to speak at a public school in California. She is a sweetheart of the liberal press. She is beyond reproach as far as the treason-press is concerned.
Because she felt slighted by the President when she met him, thats the reason given. The truth is Ben and Jerrys ice cream empire financed and motivated her (read that puppet on a string) to do this banality. They are behind the True Majority propaganda efforts. Mostly anti Bush yelling all the time.
The liberal press loves Cindy (oh Cindy where has my heart gone). Why?She hates Bush. Ben and Jerry told her to.
Yesterday, a woman, Dr. Wenyi Wang, 47, a Physician, makes a protest against the imprisonment and execution of a religious group in China. She and Cindy Sheehan are the same age. They have a similar beef. Reproach against a government they consider opposing their interests.
This is still a free country except in the treasonous presss eyes. Some people see thru the conspiracy of silence and bias.
To the liberal press she is considered an embarrassment, a problem, a black mark.
Cindy protests and it's all sunshine and light, Dr. Wang protests and its dark and embarrassing.
Unbiased Press my tush. They should be thankful this is still the USA. In China they saw nothing of this. Where is their treasonous allegiance?
Thursday, April 20, 2006
I gave a start when I read this headline. Then I thought, no, the death rate is still the same. One to a customer. In fact the most accurate headline of all is the one at the top of this post. Nearly every person reading this will be dead in 7 decades.
If there are 6 billion on the earth today and we have normal accident, war and infant death, to say 8 billion people will die in 80 years (7 complete decades) is not a hard statistic to accept.
I just wondered at the idea that somehow we are beating death or that the death rate being reduced.
Ain’t nobody getting outta here alive.
Ameritech, then SBC now AT&T
Clear Channel Radio
There are others on Gene’s Wall of Shame but these three are among the most egregious. What does it take to make Gene’s Wall of Shame you ask?
You must be a large company, which has as it’s operating philosophy, we want to own the whole world and run it like we want without any care for our employees or customers and screw our suppliers into the ground.
I have written about Wal-Mart on this blog the most. You can use the search tool on top and look at all those entries. I still stand by them.
I have written a few times about the idiots at the name change bazaar SBC now AT&T.
But today’s award for infamously stupid and incompetent behavior on a kingdom wannabe goes to: (Drum Roll Please) CLEAR CHANNEL.
Let’s see. First in full disclosure, I have friends that have and DO work for Clear Channel. It would be well if they stayed anonymous on this tirade.
Clear Channel, How do I hate you, Let me count the ways:
- You pay your suits way out of proportion to your working people
- You run your vanilla radio stations such that driving across country you can hear the boredom without any effort. You can spot a programmed clear channel station at a mile.
- You continue to participate in sleazy practices like Pay for Play (Payola). That’s so 50’s
- You treat your employees like a number
- You have no soul.
But, the good news is, the market is beginning to notice. Incompetence is it’s own reward. You qualify Clear Channel. I note that when you were asked to comment on your inability to run a radio station for actual profit you declined the interview. What a shock.
A couple exerpts from the analysis:
Clear Channel grant excessive severance, Clear Channel overpays its executives,For you kids out there, this is the message, big is not better, it’s just bigger and hubris (like in the case of Clear Channel) is always death.
Representatives of Clear Channel and OfficeMax declined immediate comment.
I hope some real radio operators will pick up the scraps and make real radio stations out of them when Clear Channel has to divest because of poor performance. Disney did.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
It is a proven fact that people earning $60,000 per year or more have no discernable impact in their standard of living from gasoline, even if it went to $4 per gallon.
It is also true according to statistical analysis that people earning $60,000 per year or more vote overwhelmingly republican (unless they marry or inherit the money like John Kerry or Ted Kennedy). Or are high earning idiot celebrities who stumble upon money mindlessly like Cher and other Hollywood types.
Average Joe Pinot Noir (He’s now better than Joe 6 pack) won’t be as stupid as those people.
So, if we just raise the minimum wage to $29 per hour we will in one fell swoop eliminate the impact high oil and gas prices has on working people and we insure that the Republicans will win elections from that day forward.
I know there will be naysayers. I can hear them now. Oh, I know it might increase unemployment a bit. The underground economy and illegal aliens would flourish. That this kind of move would likely destroy small business in America. That this would be highly inflationary as the Wal-Marts of the world would have to pay a “Living Wage” and therefore raise prices. That this is economically a stupid move.
Maybe that’s the point with all minimum wage discussions.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Sunday, April 16, 2006
- Pruning is always traumatic for the tree being pruned. Sometimes they even bleed. It doesn't kill them, but it is traumatic for the moment.
- Cutting off dead wood protects the tree from infection and disease. It keeps it from being susceptible to difficult winds in life.
- To prune properly the one pruning must have an image of what he wants the tree being pruned to look like when it's done.
- Some plants (like grapes and wisteria) won't bloom or bear fruit without pruning. They will just grow randomly and become fruitless.
- The branches cut off are only good for the burn pile. Pining over lost branches is a waste of time and energy.
- The best pruning leaves nothing of the branch pruned as a reminder.
- Some pruning takes place pretty close to the trunk. Seems dangerous but the best thing to do.
- Sometimes a pruning is best accomplished (like on a dogwood shrub) but cutting everything off to the trunk. It will look dead, but when it comes back it will grow with twice the vigor and beauty it had before.
- That branch that grows out of proportion with the rest of the plant must be pruned or it will eventually kill or damage the plant. Balance is essential in look and in growth.
- The ultimate prune for every plant is death. Every tree, not matter what, dies. The space it used to occupy will become the growth for new life that will follow.
I’m about to say something that is rumbling below the surface. People who may not have been Bush backers are beginning to say this:
A hundred years from now when Presidencies are evaluated President George W. Bush will be acclaimed as one of the Greatest Presidents of ALL TIME.
Don’t believe me? That’s OK, perhaps you will buy into what a friend of our great country from Australia says. President Bush is a great, not a good, not an OK, but a Great President.
You don’t have to believe it but your Great Great Grandchildren will. History has a habit of redeeming the vilified of their generation. Remember Harry Truman? Abraham Lincoln? They were universally hated by their generation. And then, revered Later.
Thought I would give you an advance read on the Textbooks of 2106.