Thursday, April 20, 2006

8 Billion People will Die Within 7 Decades

New York Post - STUNNING DROP IN DEATH RATE

I gave a start when I read this headline. Then I thought, no, the death rate is still the same. One to a customer. In fact the most accurate headline of all is the one at the top of this post. Nearly every person reading this will be dead in 7 decades.

If there are 6 billion on the earth today and we have normal accident, war and infant death, to say 8 billion people will die in 80 years (7 complete decades) is not a hard statistic to accept.

I just wondered at the idea that somehow we are beating death or that the death rate being reduced.

Ain’t nobody getting outta here alive.

1 comment:

Gene said...

............some do. Alive on this earth, no one. But not everyone gets home safe and sound. I wish they did. Life and death would be so much easier then.

I don't make that decision and neither do you.

SO, like Kieth Green said, you just keep on doing your best and He'll take care of the rest.