Saturday, July 22, 2006
I well remember the Cuban Missile Crisis of the Kennedy Administration. We came close to war. Russia had placed missiles in Cuba. We said we didn’t want missiles 90 miles off the coast of Florida. We came close to Nuclear war over this. Then the other side blinked.
I have no doubt that if Russia had launched just one missile from Cuba toward the USA at that time it would be a radioactive cinder pile to this day. So would Moscow. Maybe New York. But we were not going to stand for this no matter what.
And, they only HAD missiles. They didn’t launch any.
So, the criticism from Kofi Annan of impotent UN fame regarding any disproportionate response by Israel is way out of line. You want disproportionate response? Turn the clock back to 1961 May and think again.
If I lived in Israel I want the military to crush Hezbollah, destroy the missiles and invade Syria if need be to accomplish the task. This is unacceptable that an enemy terrorist group would be allowed to lob missiles into you country at will. If they don’t do this a year from now Hezbollah will start again. They must all be destroyed utterly and all munitions captures and destroyed even if they are in Syria.
It is interesting that at the same time that people are fleeing Lebanon (as they should), 2000 Jews per day from all over the world are streaming into Israel to take up arms or be of assistance in any way for the homeland.
I hope our government will send lots of money and munitions to the state of Israel and crush these evil people once and for all.
Now about Iran.
Friday, July 21, 2006
There is a way out. Here are some steps that will help ANYONE get past the sin that wears all saints down. If you struggle with sin in your life (and who doesn’t including me) use this as a path out.
1. Be honest with yourself, admit it, tell God you admit it. Get alone scream it. Be very frank, very honest describe to the Father in Heaven what is going on with you. I loved the movie The Apostle. There is a scene where The Apostle is screaming at God. God’s not shocked or annoyed. But until you get honest in admitting this before God you will think he doesn’t see. Of course he sees. You just have conned yourself into thinking he doesn’t. That’s why the first step is admission before him.
2 Pour your heart out to him. Tell him how much you enjoy the sin. Tell him how it feels good. Tell him how much your flesh craves this sin. Tell him how you feel. Pour your heart out. He knows anyway. We sin because we like our sin. We sin because it feels good for a little while. We sin because our flesh is at war with our Spirit. We sin because we are sinners. That’s why we need him. Tell him the truth. Get it all out. Tell him, "I do it but I don’t want to". He knows that. He just wants to be sure you know that.
3. Meditate on the Word of God. You can’t meditate on anything that isn’t in there. So memorize parts of the word. Start with Psalm 119. Romans 7 and 8. Don’t use the book of Chronicles just yet. Meditate on Colossians. Meditate on Galatians. Mediate on Philippians. Ask the Holy Spirit to plant deeply in your spirit the verses that will help you. The more you meditate on the Word the better you will do. Heb 4:12-16. Do what Jesus did, use the Word in Warfare against the Devil.
4. Take Communion. Take it often. There is power in the Bread and the Wine. Don’t settle for the “Sheep Dip assembly line” Communion service as is practiced in Churches many times. You need a profound one on one communion with God. Pray over the elements. You can do this alone or with someone you can share it with. Family is good. Spend time discerning the Body and Blood of Jesus in the elements. Paul said that some died because they didn’t do this. You need to get right with God. Real communion is one way to accomplish this. Get some bread; Get some Wine (or Grape Juice if that makes you feel better). Break the bread, think on, ponder the broken Body of Jesus on the Cross. Thank him for it. Eat the bread. Take the cup; hold it high over your head. Ponder the shed Blood of Jesus fully able to take your sin away. Do this every day for a while. Every time you encounter him in the sacrament you will be covered and begin to recover.
5. Stop condemning yourself. You feeling like a failure is a gateway for the Devil to tempt you once again. There are lots of verses in the Bible about this. All of mankind struggles with Sin, even the Pope, even your Pastor. I do. You do. There isn’t greater or lesser sin. Just Sin. Quit beating yourself up. Start to speak of yourself as a conqueror. "I am more than a conqueror". Is it true today? Probably not. But the more you tell yourself that the more your spirit will begin to believe it. Eventually you will overcome as your spirit lines up with the reality of your salvation. Don’t confess your sin to the Devil or to your flesh. Confess only to God. He is faithful and just to forgive you all your sins. Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery, “Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more”. Of course she did. But he still didn’t condemn her. He doesn’t condemn you. Run to him when you sin, not from him.
6. Get someone you can trust to be accountable to. Here is a land mine but an absolute essential. It must be someone you can trust absolutely. They must NEVER be potential carriers of your sin story to anyone else. They are only to ask “how ya doing”. You must be truthful. This person must be filled with agape love toward you. Accepting and without any shred of condemnation. Here the Catholics have it right. It would be best if this were clergy or some minister. No advice, no condemnation. Just confession. Then prayer if possible. Then a time of recommitment. Never condemnation. No joking around. No making light of the struggle. Just an ear that stands in for Jesus. This must be a person of absolute trust. They have struggles too. However, you must not be their accountability partner for them. The two of you will go down the drain together. That’s what’s wrong with the model that doesn’t work from Promise Keepers. You tell him. Then his sin struggles and confession must be with another. Bear one another’s burdens doesn’t mean the same person bearing. How is my load lighter if you offload you sin on me right after I offload my sin on you. One another is a one way street. I know this is not conventional thinking. You want to get over your sin don’t you? Do it this way.
Do these things with intent to overcome and you will. I have not yet arrived, neither have you, but you will if you stay firm in your commitment.
We are not designed to be slaves to sin. Jesus came to set the captives free. Be at liberty.
This one is a little disturbing. You take the test and it will tell you what world leader you are most like. I used the maximum number of questions.
I figured I would score a Pope John Paul II or Helmut Kohl.
I know I'm a tiny bit opinionated. I know I think I am always right. I know I always take charge. I know I am a tad pushy. I know all that.
I thought those were good qualities. Leadership qualities the world needs more of. Honest.
But not this:
Maybe underneath that rough exterior Saddam is a really nice guy. Onc can only hope.
Thursday, July 20, 2006
One part of the word was that public education would begin to collapse in 2006.
I didn't know what that would look like. I never see the how in these things, just that they are.
But, this move by congress is a good thing.
PS: Oil @ $45 is still on track.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
He took a bold and well thought out step in vetoing the Funding of Stem Cell Research using human embryos.
Sure there is going to lots of flack from the left. Stand strong George. We're with you. They don't have a moral compass to live by so you must provide one. That's what leadership is all about.
Take stem cell research to the logical extension. If those infants in vitro and frozen are able to be used to save lives ostensibly, why stop there? I mean no one really knows when life begins anyway. So, if that is an issue, why not just take them, implant them into surrogate mothers, grow them in the womb 8 months or so then remove them from the surrogate and harvest the organs and tissue needed to cure disease and save lives. Discard the rest or capture some stem cells. That's what it really is.
What is the real difference anyway. It's not a baby till it's born, right? Of course it is. It's a baby from the instant of conception.
The idea that we might potentially perhaps maybe cure this or that disease, what makes some 8 month old fetus more valuable than say Michael J Fox or Muhammad Ali? It's just tissue. Right.
Then there are the phony justifications for murder. I can just see some poor little girl coming to planned parenthood for counsel about an abortion. "Don't worry honey, you'll be doing the world of science a great good by having this abortion, think of the research and stem cells you'll be providing by your sacrifice". That's what this is really all about. Abortion.
And where did these Embryo's come from? Fertility clinics doing in vitro fertilization. Who benefits from all that? Same sex parents. Homosexuals who want kids but don't want to have them the old fashioned way. That is wrong too.
Sure there are infertile couples who need help but I have a question. Just because we can do this or that, should we? IF we decide not to harvest little babies organs just before birth by abortion, perhaps we need to take a hard look at the fertility industry that drives the production of millions of unwanted babies. That's the real problem.
It's all about the money in the end. I looked at a list of the people in favor of this research funding bill. Most of them were PhD's who were going to benefit directly from the money (my money paid in taxes) to kill little babies to do research. This support was more about a good job than ethics. Well I for one don't want to support the killing of babies.
This doesn't preclude private institutions from doing this. I wish it did. It just means I don't have to have my tax dollars paying for murder on demand.
I object and so did the President.
Thank God and thank GWB.
As a longtime Christian Conservative I must admit we have failed. There are things we have spoken against, fought against, even rallied against. To no avail.
Therefore I hereby announce my conversion to Islam. I look forward to the day Sharia Law is put in place. Things I have fought against or for a long time will come to pass.
When the Grand Mufti is put in place we can expect the following to be outlawed or those practicing it to be put to death. I will find it hard but I will try to meet the expectations of the Mullahs that will make and execute these laws.
- Abortion - Punishable by death.
- Adultery - Stoning or beheading
- Birth Control - Yea Right
- Pre or extra Marital sex - Certain death
- Alcoholic consumption - Tongue cut out
- Cursing - see above
- Drug use - Beheading
- Feminism in any form - no drivers license for women, full burka and veil
- Free Speech in the public arena - nope
- Research on Embryos for stem cell research - Guess again
- Homosexuality - execution
- Gay Marriage - I dont think so
- Pornography - Say goodbye to those eyes as they are poked out
So, I understand the left wing nutcases wanting to see America defeated in this war for western civilization. They will find living under this new (old) law so much better. Not.
My tongue is firmly planted in cheek. But I dont think the wacko left has any clue what they believe or understand about the consequences of losing global World War III against fascist nazi Islam. They will hate Bush until the Mullah comes and locks them up. Then it will be too late.
Pity, some used to be nice people till they lost their head so to speak.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
The Prophet Joel (Old Testament) spoke a great deal of a restored land of Israel. He spoke of it and made this statement in Chapter 3:4 regarding some future conflict between Israel's enemies and the nation of Israel.
4" Moreover, what are you to Me, O Tyre, Sidon and all the regions of Philistia? Are you rendering Me a recompense? But if you do recompense Me, swiftly and speedily I will return your recompense on your head.
The cities of Tyre and Sidon are still there. They are in present day Lebanon. The region of Philisita is present day Gaza strip. The Palestinian "Homeland". The very countries who came against Israel in this recent conflict. I see the hand of God in this.
What is more interesting is this pronouncement comes only a few verses after Chapter 2:27-29. These seem to be coincident events. I think we believed at the beginning of the last century that the outpouring of God's Spirit was the one promised in Joel 28-29. I'm not sure. In looking at this maybe we are about to experience one like never before. Something that is going to rip the roof off most Churches. It may be so sold out and radical that it will tip over every sacred religious cow that ever existed. I hope so. I believe that the time to quit "Church" and Join Jesus is now. This doesn't mean leave the fellowship of believers you have joined yourself to. It does mean putting a demand on the anointing of God such that you are dissatisfied with anything less than everything God provides by His Spirit.
And that I am the LORD your God,
And there is no other;
And My people will never be put to shame.
The Promise of the Spirit
28" It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.
29"Even on the male and female servants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
My friend Apostle Barry Kolb has been prophesied to be a disturber of the denominations. It is time to disturb away. The outpouring is coming. Nothing is going to ever be the same again. We will either get on board or be left behind.
If you read down two posts you will see a further depth in this analysis.
So, pour it on Lord. I must still be young. I still see visions.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Sunday, July 16, 2006
1917 The Balfor Accords in England establish the right of the Israel to exisit, that a land of Palastine should be created for the Jews.
1914-1924 Pentecostal Groups are formed, they become the basis for much of what are the many diverse Pentecostal Denominations of today.
2005 Israel decides to make peace and withdraw from Gaza. Builds a fence.
2005 Traditional Denominational Churches endorse Homosexual Bishops, Homosexual Pastors, become weak on the Godhead (divinity of Jesus). The Attack of the enemy of Faith in DaVinci Code and Judas Papers makes true believers withdraw from any involvement in the denominational Church at large. Seems to retreat into it's own world. The dividing line between true believers and the rest of the world is drawn.
I used to say I believed it was possible to be filled with the Spirit and not speak in tounges. That would be like saying, I'm a Christian but I don't believe in Prayer. Or, I'm a Christian but I don't believe in Worshipping God. Or I'm a Christian but I don't believe in fellowshipping with other believers in a Church. You can't be filled with the Spirit and pick and choose the resultant manifestations. When you buy a pair of shoes, Tounges comes with them, they're part of the deal.