Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sick in the Spirit

I read a good man's Christian blog.  I recommend it.  He makes an observation which has bugged me for years.
 
I have DISH TV.  There are 3 "religious" channels.  TBN which I watch often.  ETWN the catholic channel (I'm as catholic as Jesus is) where I only watch one fellow who teaches basic catechism.  I find him pretty challenging.  Then the 3rd is Angel 1.  Robert Johnson from Florida put this up many years ago with great promise. 
 
He's dead now.  But this is the worst TV you can imagine.  Only occasionally there's a Christian program.  The rest of the time it's ads for watching their channel which has nothing on it, ads for vitamins and snake oil, and ads for bibles of some sort or another.  What's even worse is some time ago Angel made a deal with Dish that they couldn't add another religious channel.  Daystar was on for a while.  That was great.  But money over God any day.  They made Dish take it off the feed. 
I am considering taking it off my favorites list. 
 
We used to have a pretty good Christian Radio Station in Chicaoland.  106.7 the fish.  It's Hispanic now.  The only objection I had to it was on weekends it was wall to wall advertisements for vitamins, nostrums, and other things which cost money and do no good at all.
 
When my dear friend and Pastor Dan Rothwell was sick with cancer many many people came to him with junk that if he took he would be well. He showed them to me.  It was pitiful.
 
He passed away a couple years ago.  It was his time.  We are all like the grass and then we wither.  Why do Christians depend on such junk?  Jesus is all you need.  Go to the doctor and believe for Jesus to heal you with or in spite of what the Doctors do. 
 
How have we drifted so far?  And on so called Christian TV and Radio. 
 
It's beyond Belief.  It's no belief except in Man.  That's a curse according to the Bible.

1 comment:

Gene said...

test post response link