Saturday, December 26, 2009

Missing Family at Christmas

I'm looking outside at one of the biggest snowstorms of the year.  Probably peanuts compared to North Dakota which is where most Christmases Peggy and I spend Christmas.  We called and attempted to call by phone. Without success.  Lines down. 
 
It was good to be indoors.  A little lonely to be without family.  But, I'm not one bit sorry we didn't drive.
 
I have a friend from Kansas City who died on the road to Christmas 3 days ago.  He was the father to several kids.  His desire to spend Christmas with family in Nebraska means his kids will now spend Christmas without him forever.  They were uninjured, but he died a the wheel.
 
Not a good trade.
 
But I missed the family.
 
I guess when nice weather sets in, I will hit the road once more.  I spent my time in the ditch already this year.
 
Harrumph.
 
Merry Christmas All

No comments: