Monday, April 06, 2015

Here's the Truth about Refusing to Serve Gay Marriage

If I owned a Gas Station
A Car Wash
A taco shop
A Super 8 motel
A movie theater
A shoe store
A clothing store
A hardware store

Or any such thing where undifferentiated goods and services were provided, I will not and should not ever see your sexual preference as a barrier to doing business.

In the business I am in, nursery, there are a lot of people who I interact with, selling and buying, without consideration about IF or That they are homosexual. Some of those who actually LIKE are in gay "Marriages".  Women and Men.  I got a birth announcement from a lesbian couple recently.  I'm friends.  I used to have a roommate in college who was gay.  Friends from School who were gay. I am not only not against LGBT people, I care about them.  Some have had a really rough go.  It can be a brutal lifestyle,  I care about them.

So if someone comes to me, even one of my friends, and asks me to do a Michelangelo on their Sistine chapel, or to create a pieta for them celebrating their marriage I will hope they understand why I refuse.

If I were to create a floral arrangement, write a tome, host their wedding in my home, invite them to spend their first night together as a gay couple in my guestroom, Make a special something for them that could be construed as an endorsement or celebration of their union, even to making a cake (or pizza) that is asking me to put however abstract my indicia on the event.

I don't hate Gay people at all.  I accept that they are.. that they have a right to breath air, that they have the right in the USA to do whatever they want.

I just don't want to be asked however tacitly to put a stamp of approval on a life that is in rebellion to the Word of God as I understand it.  Selling you a pair of Rockport shoes from my shoe store for your wedding is not the issue.  Asking me to MAKE a pair of special shoes so designed to glorify your wedding to someone of the same sex IS the issue.

I don't expect this puts this to bed.. but it needs to be said.

IF I have to instruct you about the damage done to the institution of marriage in America by the acceptance of Same Sex marriage, you are so blinded by your "open mindedness" that there is no hope for you.  Compromise has seared your conscience.

For that reason, I am not going to provide you any service that requires my creativity.  If Michelangelo painted the Sistine out of his love for God, I can NOT make you a wedding cake out of my love for HIM.   

I don't want to be forced into celebrating something I don't accept.  That's what you are asking.  In Red China.. the clapping celebrating Chariman Mao was enforced at the point of a gun.  You celebrated or you were prosecuted. 

This is that.. 


No comments: