Monday, April 06, 2015

Gardening for Dummies: Companion Planting {Free Printable} - onecreativemommy.com

Gardening for Dummies: Companion Planting {Free Printable} - onecreativemommy.com








SPRING is here (in my neck of the woods), and it’s time to get the
garden ready!  I am on year four of my desert garden adventure, and
things just keep getting better!  Now that I have learned (through trial
and error) what grows well in the desert, I’m ready to focus on what
plants help each other in the garden.  Want to learn, too?  I thought
you might!


Instead of just randomly placing my plants
in the garden (which I have done in the past), I decided to find out
which plants should and should not go together.  I found a fantastic
resource at WestCoastSeeds.com.  I’ve linked you to a document about companion planting.
I had a really hard time keeping track of
the twenty-four different plants I want to include in my garden.  To
keep it all straight, I created this companion planting chart and
planned my square foot garden boxes based the chart.  I hope it helps
you decide what to plant as well.

No comments: