Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Arouse in the Other Person an Eager Want - What I believe #3

25 years ago I was on a spiritual search. I poked here and there. I heard lots of people pontificate to me. I had people pray with me and for me.

Then one day my friend Rodney said a few simple words to me that changed me forever.

He knew my searching heart and simply said, God has more for you if you want it.
My curiosity and hunger was piqued. I said I did. He lead me to find what I was looking for and I never looked back since. He's still my friend. Thanks Rod.

He found a place of want in me and auroused it to life.

What do we want? Happiness, Money, Friends, Peace, Security, Love, Joy, and a hundred other things.

Advertising promises that if we wear their clothes, drink their cola, put on their cologne, buy their product our
wants will be met in full. Mostly it's a lie. But the Method isn't wrong.

We want to be persuaded that if we do this or that our wants will be met. If we are dealing with a co-worker, a child, a friend, or a parent, why not try doing what the admen on TV do. Arouse in the other person an eager want. Hold out a promise of what could happen and then ask for action.

Don't write promises with your mouth that you can't cash. Don't lie. But try to make it appealing and worthwhile.

Find their need and fill it

Arouse in the other person an eager want

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i get more info?