Friday, November 11, 2005

11- 11 – 11 – 9-11

Peggy and I have both been under the weather just a bit. She more than me. I hate to see my sweetie sick. She'’s always the strong one. When she coughs from the bottom of her being and collapses in exhaustion I want to take it from her and put it on myself. Only Jesus can do that.

What I don'’t want is my iteration of whatever has had her down. I don'’t know if my distress” isn'’t just sympathetic. I do that. Last night I went to bed at 8pm and slept till 7am. I'’m better. She'’s the same. Getting older is heck. That'’s as much as anything why I have been less floriferous in writing lately. Add to that the fact that I am wrapping up a pretty busy and successful fall season in the nursery business.

My complaints are nothing compared to the families who will spend a quieter Thanksgiving than usual because one of theirs is serving in Iraq, has made the final sacrifice or is in a hospital recovering from wounds. Tens of thousands of our finest young men and women in their late teens even up to their 50'’s are part of this. I'’m so proud of them.

I thank almighty God for them. I thank God for every drop of blood they have shed in what is now a global struggle against an evil more powerful and dangerous than even Hitler was.

In most years on this day I reflect on the sacrifice of WWII veterans. Today we are engaged in a struggle that unless it'’s won here threatens our civilization and has the potential to propel us into a desperate deprived existence controlled by fear.

So while I take nothing away from the brave soldiers who preserved us from the Nazis, or fought communism in Korea and Vietnam, Today I take my hat off and put up my flag for those patriots who'’s blood preserves a world which will be worth living in, for my Grandchildren. And their children..........

God Bless ALL our Veterans.

No comments: