Friday, January 05, 2007

Accepting the Sinner, Hating the SIN

I was in an interesting discussion with my sister over Christmas. It was about some friends of hers. The argument was in spite of the fact that the people were social deviants; these people were the nicest people she knew; they aren't at all as you would imagine them. They are contributing members of society who are just misunderstood, persecuted, and unhappy because of it. They go to Church, fall in love, pay their taxes, work hard, and celebrate Christmas, the whole catastrophe. What is worse the deviance they exhibit they can't help, they were born that way. So for that reason, in spite of the fact they are aberrant in society we should accept and even embrace them in all their deviance. That was the core of her argument.

But, lets expand that just a tad. I like to extend argument to illustrated it’s lack of soundness.

I know of a really nice man who worked in a church who was considered a really decent person. One little social sin he had, he tortured and murdered people. You would know him as the BTK killer.

Or that nice man who played a clown in all the children's homes around Chicago some years ago. Everyone agreed he was a good man, a decent man, a giving man, One little problem, one day they found his house stinking of decaying human flesh and found the bodies of 33 People he had murdered. You might know him as John Wayne Gacy.

Or how about a great humble Christian who loved every one. Every day went to Church, was good in every way, looked up to, trusted by all those around him; except he sexually molested little boys. That person was a composite of several Catholic Priests.

Or that family man the press can't say enough good about. He loved his kids, he took care of them, they are all set for life and those that knew him said he was a caring and loving man. It's just that he murdered a hundred thousand people. Saddam Hussein.

What about one of the most charming and kind man many say they ever met in Florida. He dated some of the most beautiful women. Everyone who knew him said he was the most mannerly person you would ever want to meet. In fact he was real husband material to some Moms. . Nice enough but before he was executed murdered 25 women. You might remember Ted Bundy

I had an embezzler work for me once. He was our parts man, Scott. He was a family man, kept a nice home, mowed his lawn, went to church, invited us over to dinner, it's just that he had this little problem of stealing $80,000 from the company.

Every person who goes postal is always a surprise to their neighbors. Some are even eagle scouts. They are just decent misunderstood people with a problem. They go nuts. Out of control.

Even religious people, people of faith fall off the edge of the earth. Think about the guy who killed those little girls in Lancaster PA in the schoolhouse. Nice man, went to church, hard worker, quiet, family man. Before he committed suicide called his wife and said goodbye. No one ever suspected a thing. It's just he had a hidden sin he couldn't deal with.

Or those from my branch in the woods, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, men of God, men who preach, men who have everything to offer the world who are good family men who are religious married fathers who have a problem with Whores male and female.

Even Politicians live lives of sin. Representative Tom Foley comes to mind. I'll bet he hated the fact that he was trapped and couldn't get out.

A guy who worked for me is in prison for killing his wife and girlfriend. He was a good guy, hard worker; fun, loved his kids, but he had this uncontrolled violent streak. He just couldn't leave it all alone. He was angery and his anger controlled him until it landed him in prison for the rest of his life. Gary and I knew each other well. He was a great guy. Just uncontrollably violent.

Then there was Skip. A wonderful guy, Christian, when he got out of Jail I invited him to live with me. But, he just couldn't stay away from getting involved with the wrong people. He ended up raping a woman (which is what he was in jail for the time before). Skip probably won't be out again soon. Skip was born with a desire for violent sex. No self control.

On MSNBC they have this sting program, they go online as a horny teenage girl and men show up to have sex. They are videotaped and arrested. These men for the most part are teachers, pastors, bank execs, truck drivers, many married. They are all humiliated. But, the alledged little girl wanted sex, these devients were naturally drawn to respond. What could be more NORMAL than that? They were out of control. That's what.

None of these people listed above were happy in their sin, aberrance, antisocial behavior or deviance. All wish they didn't have to live like that. All felt like they were born this way. All feel like they can't help it. All feel like if someone would only understand. They all feel like if only they could stop they would be happy. They feel out of control.

Sin causes us to be unhappy. Tortured and tempted we foist our behavior on others in society. OR we excuse ourselves by saying we come from a long line of kleptomaniacs. So, it’s normal for us.

They would to a person tell you they were born with these tendencies. I believe them. I was born with some odd tendencies that if I acted on would land me in jail or get me killed.

So, when I hear the argument that Homosexuals are born that way, that I should understand them, that they should be accepted, that the desires they carry isn't their fault I wonder how many of those I have listed above would say the same thing?

Believe me, I know several homosexuals. Some are good friends. They are unsettled. They wish they didn't have to live like this. They feel trapped by the sin tendencies in their lives.

Here's the difference. Homosexuals I know who have learned to control the urges live decent happy lives. If they give into them uncontrolled they live in total despair. Multiple partners. Disease. Rejection by society and each other. The lie is that they can find fulfillment in committed relationships. They never really do. That's why I'm against Gay marriage. It codifies and culturally endorses aberrant behavior.

Like the murderer the pedophile, the embezzler, the torturer, the rapist, the violent, the whoremonger, they were all born with these tendencies, the issue is, can they or do they control them? We have punishment for people who violate most laws against humanity like above. Why are we supposed to stuff cultural and even biblical condemnation of homosexual behavior because people are “Born that Way”. We are all born deviant in one area or another. We just must learn to control and deal with it. That’s called being an adult.

So should homosexuals. Control it or face social consequence. You should see the Gay Pride Parade held each year in Chicago. It’s the “look I have my penis out” parade. It’s so over the top and disgusting I shouldn’t be forced to watch (I don’t) or even have it in my community to deaden our sensitivity to this deviance. I don’t want to be forced to accept them any more than the social deviance I listed at the beginning of this piece.

I suspect some people will throw up the Levitical restrains (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13) about this and use it as a Bible Bullet against me. They will say that I base my homophobe beliefs soley on these passages in Leviticus. It’s not true. If I ONLY used the New Testament I have enough warning against this aberrant behavior to justify my position. I won't do a Bible study for you, but if you were interested, I would point you to the Book of Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Hebrews, and Revelation. You will find enough here to keep you busy for a while.

What’s the solution? As Archie Bunker said to Edith often, STIFLE! And as a Christian what’s the solution? I know people who have overcome this demon of homosex and found happiness. Jesus is the answer. I will love them, not accept the sin, Heck I still love the murderer and the rapist I know in prison. I just don’t want them back out walking the streets unless they get right with God and under control.

So, now that you know the truth, are you still in favor of Gay Marriage? I know I probably didn’t change any minds. I just wish they would all keep it in their pants and go back in the closet. I shouldn’t have to see this mess. Neither should my Grandkids. When I was a teenager of perhaps 16 and heard that there was such a thing as homosexuality I was shocked. I couldn’t imagine one man doing that to another.

Couldn’t we put some shock potential back into our culture?

Come on there - STIFLE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please. Gene...even you know that murder, theft, and rape are CRIMES. They're even spoken against by God. But, not homosexuality. He/she left that up to YOU to worry about.
That of which you speak is hatred. Pure and simple. Whether it's smothered in twelve-thousand words, a ton of plaster or a pallette of makeup, it's still hatred.