Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Lion with a Toothache

A few years ago I had my one and only root canal.
 
It was a terrible experience.
 
I won't blame the dentist.  I do know that it has never been right.
 
I have another tooth which was also impacted.  I refused to allow him to do a root canal.
 
Instead I had him cap the tooth.
 
That has been also two years.
 
Now, the "Dead" root canal tooth is giving me fits.  That wasn't supposed to happen. 
 
The tooth that I unadvisedly had capped even though there was infected raw nerve showing is just fine.
 
I think there is less about dentistry than dentists know.
 
Time to rethink the root canal.
 
I have a suspicion that a root canal is basically to make a boat payment for most dentists and less necessary than they make us poor guppies all believe.
 
If I sound cranky, I am, I have a toothache that I was promised I would never have again. 

No comments: