Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I WASN'T ANGRY

The post below this one a (Used or Useful) was not about what you think. After I wrote it I received a phone call from a good friend of mine who was wondering what that was all about. I revised it taking out a bit of the anger and increasing the specificity. I think it says in a bit more in a less abusive tenor the nature of my complaint and irritation.

I tried to explain without naming names. Hope I succeeded.

I can be specific because the person leading the organization about whom I wrote NEVER reads this blog, NEVER reads what I send him, NEVER hears what I have to say (he's too busy multitasking) and NEVER will allow me to be useful at any level.

Therefore I'm outta there.

If you read this blog it's not about you.

I met with the leadership of the organization in question over dinner last Thursday. I realized as a member of this group I am a fifth wheel. Never a good place. So, I'm gone.

Some groups are just users. It's their genetic DNA. They want (this is a church group) to be live TV for the people they "Serve" on Sundays, Sunday nights and Wednesdays. Dog and pony shows. That is lots of entertainment (activities), worshiptainment (Music), theotainment (Preaching). Spectator Christianity. They are lost in space and will soon crash and burn. I will now step off this sinking ship.

I won't be used and unusful.

My only regret is that the people who really need to get this message will never see it. If I sent them this in vellum and gold they would treat it as small change. I don't need this.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION". One way to avoid that feeling is not to allow others to ever talk to you that way. You and I should never allow someone to talk down to us. Treat yourself with self respect.

Nobody ever kicks a dead dog. If you are doing something you will be criticized or they may treat you like small change. Never let them. You have a mission and a purpose and allowing someone to rob that God Given destiny by marginalization is a sin.

The man who hid his MINA in the dirt till the master returned was criticised and punished. Yours must never be. Don't let anyone compel you to hide the Mina you have been given. I won't and neither should you. Make yourself USEFUL!

No comments: