Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Classlessness of Bush Haters

I am glad this mess is over. I'm OK with President Obama. I'm not ecstatic. I am just ok with all this.

What really irritates me is the lowbrow crowd mentality.

When President Bush came on the Platform they booed
and hissed and sang na na na na goodbye.

There are some who believe this to be a historic event. It is historic in that it is an inaugural. In that a man with little real experience managed to convince a populace to put him in office.

That's historical.

I'm sorry to say, I'm not tickled about all this. BUT, he is our President. Shortly after he was inaugurated Peggy and I prayed for him.

I fear that we could end up with civil war if he were assassinated by a nutcase from the right.

So, I pray for him, for our country.

But he is just a man. He isn't any different from you or me, he's just a man who I hope has the wisdom to surround himself with good people.

Historical? Aren't ALL inaugurations historical. I think so.

Do Good Mr Obama, you have a whole race of people who need you to do well.

You are a black man who is President, be a good one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you read up on his actual ideas and proposed solutions. Maybe then you can quit with the subtle bashing of our president. Researching the facts would be a better way to spend your time than your lame prayers which I am sure included plenty of negative wording and plenty of arrogant Gene-is-right sort of thoughts.

goprairie said...

Your post might have been titled 'The Classlessness of the Sorry Losers' - you still aren't giving him a chance. Fine, you and his detractors can sit on the sidelines and sulk while the rest of us make a better America. Did you listen to the speech? This future is going to be about bulding up, and no amount of continued tearing down on your part will hold us back.

Gene said...

Anon - Why don't you read up on his actual ideas and proposed solutions.

Ideas?

I'll Bite.

Be Specific, which ones? I hope he has some. Pretty unwonky so far. (Policy Wonk)

AND GO,

I listened to it twice. Intently. Inspiring, but he could have been more challenging to the country.

I was hoping for an ASK NOT speech.

We got a retread of "vote for me".

Anonymous said...

Read up and you will see a New World Order looming on the horizon!

Anonymous said...

It's obvious Obama can "Talk the talk". Time will tell if he can "Walk the walk".

Anonymous said...

...i keep wondering when the moment will be that the new President stands before the multitudes, reaches up, pulls off his face mask, and lets out a 'bwahahahahaha' while revealing a hideous charade....i half way expected it on Jan. 20th but i think the hooks need to go just a little deeper....