Monday, February 15, 2010

Healing at the LCMS Lutheran Church in LaFox

I have been around Pentecost thirty years. I knew the Happy Hunters back in the day. Seen lots and lots of healing services. Conducted a few myself.

Yet, what I saw and experiences was unlike what I have seen in the past. This was not a bombastic thing. I have been to Benny Hinn meetings. This wasn't like that.

There was no "Big Man" on the platform that ministered to people. The night before we had an equipping meeting. About 40 people were invited using the same criteria that was defined in the book of acts for those chosen to be deacons.

There was a training and equipping time. Anointing. Empowerment. Very Ephesians 4 oriented.

Then the night of the healing meeting, a time of worship. And, then some teaching. Some preparation. THEN, he called up the ministry teams that had been developed the night before.

THEY laid hands on the sick. There was a track to run on. One of which I approve. My theology has always been that you declare healing over a person. Jesus didn't pray for the sick and neither should we. We should declare the healing power of Jesus.

Neither Pastor Teske nor the Sr Pastor laid hands on anyone during the meeting.

It was amazing. Perhaps a hundred came forward for healing. People were set free. Many received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

AND MANY WERE HEALED.... I actually couldn't believe my eyes.

This in an LCMS Lutheran Church.

I was touched by the purity of it all.

This is a departure from what has been the pattern in many good Pentecostal healing services I have been part of over these last decades. I had a conversation with Teske, he's the real deal. I think God must be using him in this way because he's in a denominational environment so much of the time.

On the other hand, in a few weeks he is going to be at Morningstar with Rick Joyner. So he ministers to Pentecostal groups a lot as well.

It was quite a time. I am rattled by it all. My paradigm has been tipped over. We Holy Ghost folks who have lived in this so long are supposed to have a corner on this thing...right?

No comments: