Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Ugly American is Loud, Fat, a Bully and Crude

I love my country. I do. I think it has at it's origin goodness.

That goodness has been lost. It has become a platform for some of the most gross behavior unimagined a generation ago. We are now become what we thought about and watched on TV for so many years.
  • Feuding hillbillies on Jerry Springer
  • Unwed Mothers trying to figure out who their baby daddy is on Morey Povich
  • Yelling and Screaming TV talking heads talking over each other
  • Talk Radio Bullies demeaning everyone who doesn't agree with them
  • WWF type interviews with sports stars being all macho even over football or hockey
  • Admiration of bullies on Orange County Chopper, Pawn Men and even on Top Chef with hundreds of F words every show
  • The side show that is our political class who represent us are just posing bullies who try to pull a fast one on the other side. Both side do it all the time.

And so many of US (me included) are way too fat. I was in a restaurant this week and wanted to have a nice quiet dinner. I was atmospherically assaulted by a group of loud patrons I could not get far enough from. And the level of language. YIKES.

I know we in the USA are not alone, but it was not always like this here. Recently there were events where a mob of kids rampaged thru a Milwaukee area mall. Or beat up a Marine and his wife after he asked them to be quiet in a movie theater.

Culturally, we are in the toilet and swirling. I know I'm an older man but I no longer get nor understand this life.

This last week I was shocked to be bullied about by the owner of a company I did business with. I have been proud of the fact that we do business in the Nursery world on just our word. That no longer seems to be the case.

We have lost much. Now the courts are the only source of relief from such bullies. Of course winning means that you will have to have a better bully than they hire to represent them.

American has lost much and I'm afraid until a substantial crunch comes, much will not be regained. If ever.

I'm pessimistic about the future of this nation.

Americans have become very ugly to me.

2 comments:

Fallout said...

I'm 60 yrs old and know exactly what you are talking about. The stuff that is on TV is unbelievable. For every example you gave another 10 could be given. I once was going through the channels and came across "Two and a Half Men." The stuff they were saying blew me away wondering who feeds on this crap? Makes me think of: Mat 6:23 "But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"
People are being fed crudity on TV and in the music. The loud, arrogant and selfish actions stems from their entertainment.
Chuck H.

Chuckles said...

A lot to be pessimistic about, for sure. On the other hand, here an assignment for you: "What is good about America?". 500 words or less. Use your imagination. Or, just pretend...