Monday, July 02, 2012

Millionaire Brendon Burchard Shares The One Most Important Trait "Experts" Need To Succeed - Forbes

 From the article linked below.  A good read:

“I’ve seen that phenomenally successful people believe they can learn something from everybody.  I call them ‘mavericks with mentors.’  Richard Branson, for instance, is a total maverick but he surrounds himself with incredibly successful, smart people and he listens to them.
The expert is a student first.  There is zero ego there.  Sure, I can create some results over and over, but some I can’t.  The top exerts in the world are ardent students.  The day you stop learning, you’re definitely not an expert.  You need to be a ‘servant-driven expert’ and think, ‘Wow, I want to keep pace with this and I’m committed to that.’
Many people on the expert industry just insulate – that’s the biggest danger in the expert space.  Thousands of top “guru’s” in personal development arena push other people or whole segments of the industry away, and think about others’ work, ‘Wow, this is total junk.’  But in the world’s history, never once has discrimination led to success.  When you say “All coaches are less skilled than me,” for instance – you’re discriminating against a huge swath of people you don’t know, and that won’t serve you.
This comes from the ego within us.  Our brain is self-protective assumes everyone else is an idiot.  We believe our perspective is right.  My life truly changed and my business took off to the million dollar level when I realized that every person I meet is someone who carries an important message from the universe for me.  I don’t know what it is but I will honor them as a person and honor their voice and even if I don’t think it may be as intelligently informed as mine.
My best mentor is a mechanic – and he never left the sixth grade.  By any competency measure, he doesn’t have it.  But the perspective he brings to me and my life is, bar none, the most helpful.
In the end, really successful people believe they can learn something from everybody, and they do.”
*  * * * * *
Brendon’s messages can be viewed as spiritual and loving, or full of terrifically powerful business savvy, or both.  Any way you look at it, it’s humility that sets Brendon’s work apart from the thousands of other “gurus” in the expert industry space.  As one who wants to spread my own messages widely and be of service in career transformation, I know that I’ll follow Brendon’s advice to the letter – it’s time to release my inner narcissistic and start honoring and learning from everyone I meet.
Are you insulating and pushing away your customers and peers? Are you ready to embrace that you can learn something important from every single person you meet?

Millionaire Brendon Burchard Shares The One Most Important Trait "Experts" Need To Succeed - Forbes

No comments: