Sunday, November 18, 2012

It was after a very difficult several months from 9-11 2001 - July 2002. A church closure. A business failure. Age sneaking up. Feeling alone. I was 57 years old. Not working. Starting over. I needed to hear from God. I went to this place. A mile from any other human being. I had to walk in. Carried a bag chair, a tent, sleeping bag, mat, my hat, a gallon of water, a notebook and my Bible. From July 1-July 3 I sat alone in this tent and outdoors when it was nice. It was dark and silent. For the first two days I heard nothing. Drank only water. No food. THEN on the third day I began to hear the voice of God. It was clear. I wrote down everything He said to me. That was ten years ago. From that day to this I know his voice. Sometimes I tune out. But I know what He sounds like. Every believer who would sharpen his ear to hear the Voice of God needs to do this. Yes, you can do it in a motel room. Or in a retreat center. But I think there is something special when you can step out of the tent at 2 in the morning and look up at a sky FULL of Stars like David did when tending the sheep. Jesus knew this well. "And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed." Mark 1:35. I suspect HE looked up at HIS handiwork and in His humanity marveled. IF you can. Please do. I have done this a few times since. Last was over the 9-11 anniversary this year. I like to do it by a body of water. There is peace beside still waters if you can. When you do, it will change your life. Hearing direct from the throne is unparallelled. Now when I go, I no longer even take my Bible. Thy Word have I HID in my Heart.

No comments: