Thursday, February 27, 2014

Loony - TUNE in the Online World - a look at social media

Nearly all of the people I regularly interact with on social media are wonderful caring bright transparent people many of whom I have had the chance to meet in person and they have been all they appeared to be. Nice to put a face with a post.   It was worth the work.

HOWEVER... there are a few, Not many, that test my tolerance.

They come in 3 broad categories.


1. Self Promoters. The only posts I see from them are, "I'm the greatest come to my meeting buy my book join my call attend my conference". Usually these people carry the moniker Dr Chief Apostle Pastor something. Hey Jack, buy an ad, don't flood my page with junk mail (I hear the call of the north when I read some of these).

2. Auto Contrarians. The you say it's black, I say it's white folks. IF I post something, even innocently, confrontation is their portion. Love missing. It's OK, I'm a big boy, but if you want to argue about the color of the sky, I'm out. These people are often also the grammar/spelling police. Picking nits. (Now that distant call on the lake is clearer).

3. Worldviews from Hell. I mean that. I don't have many of these but the few that I do are full on loons (beaks, feathers and webbed feet). Most of the time the Hell's worldview folks distance themselves from me. I call them Hell's worldview because how they see the world is not anywhere near Heaven's perspective. These are the liberals, pro abortion, pro gay marriage, anti christian..... loons. They might be nice people but above the neck and in the heart there is serious looniness. They live in an alternative universe. Bizzaroworld. I try not to engage them if possible.

When someone is that loony or contentious,.... DELETE. I guess I want to be gracious... but I'm not God... there is an end to my grace.... and if that end comes... goodbye. Please don't be a loon. I want to keep you as a friend.  Even if we never meet face to face... we will in heaven, (unless you are in that last category). 

No comments: