Sunday, April 06, 2014

Why the integrity of the story in the Movie Noah isn't important

 First, a disclaimer, I haven't yet seen it. I will. Probably in 3-D. I like a good action movie and this appears to be that. I did go and reread the whole story again in the Bibles I own. I wanted to not miss a nuance. What is clear is that much of what people don't agree with isn't clear.

It's a little like the Ken Ham Arks and all that. Or the theories of is it possible. Jesus alluded to the story, I know Jesus and even if I don't know all the details... I believe it.

Yet, trying to gain concreteness thru archeology and architecture is not far from my earlier post about relics. IF our faith is so weak we require proof or fidelity from a godless filmmaker, we are really lost.

PLUS some of the events noted in the film (which I have not seen) are a pretty good interpretation. What DID Adam and Eve look like before the fall? IF my Bible Scholarship is of any merit, they are bookends and looked like we will look in heaven.. new Eden.

Look according to my Friend Pastor Phil Ressler many many many unbelievers have once again re read the story of Noah on line via things like Bible Gateway. They are being exposed, perhaps for the first time, to the raw truth of the Word of God.

Holy Spirit is very capable of using this pagan movie to call people to himself. He used Jesus Christ Superstar to call me. You don't go fishing for tuna using strawberries as bait because YOU like strawberries.

No comments: