Wednesday, October 08, 2014

I'm a great seat mate. LOL

1 hr ·
Monday Night Peggy and I attended this opera. Beautiful music. I had not seen it before. Heard it on the radio from the Met. It's part of our season tickets to the Lyric. What was sad is two Great Sopranos Renee Fleming and Sofie Von Otter were stars of this. This quality of singing should have filled the house to overflow. It didn't. We have Ms Von Otter's Cds at home. She's a great talent (mezzo). I guess I am out of the loop on this. It should have been a barn burner. Opera is funny stuff.. but to those of us who love it.. it's rewarding, in spite of the fact that I was coughing into my large handkerchief often during the performance.
Renee Fleming has taken her time bringing one of her most celebrated operatic roles, Countess Madeleine in Richard Strauss' "Capriccio," to the company for which she serves as creative consultant.
chicagotribune.com|By Chicago Tribune

No comments: