Friday, December 05, 2014

I understand Racism better than you because I am white - a message to my black friends.

OH man, I can hear heads exploding all over the place. Yet, in a few ways my capacity for understanding is better, I'm not subjected to it as many are, so my viewpoint carries less emotion than those who are in the line of fire. Like a general who is able to dispassionately see the strategy of the enemy from behind the front lines and help direct the fight, those engaged directly in the warfare many times are confused by the fog of war. Let me offer some perspective. Hang with me here, this will set you free IF you will take it to heart.

In 7 decades on this planet I have been robbed twice. Held up once. Beaten a few times. None of these were by American Indians, African Americans, Hispanics or Asians. They were all crimes commuted by white trash. Bad people who happened to be white. I also have known (even related to) some who are pretty much trash.. swindlers, crooks, violent, drunks and totally untrustworthy. Trailer trash. I keep my distance. They mostly beat on each other. That's why I can't watch a show like honey boo boo. Too close for comfort.

I bear no relationship to those idiots other than the singular fact that they share a skin tone with me. They are reprobates. They represent all that is discredit. "Such were some of you" applies in this case. A few get saved, straighten out, but most stay in the shadows, hustling and without much going for them. They are big users of medicaid, food stamps, section 8 and steal the rest. If you try to help them, they won't be helped. They contribute nothing to the culture. Nothing to the economy. Takers. They spend a lot of time in jails. Worthless men. The Bible talks of them.

Proverbs 6:11-13 Poverty will come in like a vagabond And your need like an armed man. 12A worthless person, a wicked man, Is the one who walks with a perverse mouth, 13Who winks with his eyes, who signals with his feet, Who points with his fingers;…

I have nothing in common with them. Nothing. Here's the reality. THEY ARE NOT MY BROTHERS.. not for any reason. I want nothing to do with them. I know Jesus died for them. If they come to repentance I will embrace them as brothers. Most of them live in dire poverty. I just won't sanction what got them there. I refuse to be an enabler.

This is why the deception going on right now (the enemy's strategy to divide) is so insidious. I know well, personally, intimately many good people who are trying to live a good life, work, raise good families, do what is right. Honest. Sober. Solid. The kind of people you are proud to know They are truly my brothers and sisters. They are people with a vision. And some of them have black skin. Some of them are reading this right now. You are my Brother and or Sister. In truth. For real. It is you I am talking to. I love you enough to tell you the truth.

The lie is this, because Mike Brown had dark skin he is your brother and you identify with him simply because of his skin color. Mike Brown was not your brother. So many of those who are unfortunately killed by cops are not your brothers or sisters. Trayvon Martin was not your brother. You are not like them at all. The perceived injustices and death are the result of bad choices.. THEY MADE. Just like the white trash people I run across.

Eric Garner was not white trash with black skin. His death is really wrong, but it's not about race. Even his daughter called that right. It's bad laws and bad policing. More about that later. I am admonishing those who have the courage to read this, don't allow your personal experience with racist attitudes expressed towards you to make bad choices and allow you to project them onto a blank screen occupied by Trayvon or Mike Brown. They are not your brothers. Learn to discern.

When you allow the devil to lie to you and self identify yourself with those who do not share the values by which you live, you demean yourself and you make false equivalencies. Stop. I can choose and you can choose who we are to call brothers..

I have taken a tiny liberty with something the Apostle Paul said (the Gene Version of the Bible) but the message us unchanged:

"Stop associating yourself with any so-called brother if he is sexually immoral, greedy, selfish, egotistical, a slanderer, a liar, a drunk, or a robber. You must not even consider yourself able to be at the same table as he is. He is not to be considered your brother." 1 Corinthians 5:11

No comments: