Monday, May 04, 2015

I was robbed

What do you do when someone STEALS from you?  What if it's a friend or relative.  I know many families who are in turmoil over money.  Who feel like they have been shortchanged or even stolen from.  The animosity that results will destroy unity.  No fellowship can result.  The devil creates resentment. 

I was reminded of how much has been stolen from me over the years.  It didn't take me very long to tally it up.  Well over $100,000  in REAL MONEY stolen from me, mostly from relatives, and mostly by people I still love and am in relationship.  IF I allowed myself to stew over these "debts" I would not have many friends and only estranged relatives.  Most know who they are and what they owe.  Some think they are justified in taking from me because I have "enough".  Some are not even aware of how they robbed me blind.  Some if I spoke of it to them would be quick to reason away why they don't owe me to pay me back what they stole. 

I'm not angry. God has blessed me.  I take seriously the words, "forgive us our debts as we forgive others".  

As I pondered this, it occurred to me how much like our current the national unforgiveness passions exists as represented in Jefferson and Baltimore.  How the desire for payback is ripping apart the nation.  Just as I could do.. if I decided to live in conflict.  IF we are brothers and sisters, if we are to be kings kids, if we are to live as heirs of the king.. are we acting like it?  I regret to say that outside actions reveal inside attitudes.  It's not good.   What is hidden is manifested when restraint is cast off.  It's ungodly.

No comments: