I pray for Obama with the same passion and intensity that liberals pray for Bruce Rauner, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and Justice Clarance Thomas.
I pray for him in the same fell swoop that says pray for those in authority by recognizing the wisdom of Proverbs 29 on just governance:
1.Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism
will suddenly be destroyed beyond recovery.
2 When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan.
11. Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
12 If a ruler pays attention to liars,
all his advisers will be wicked.
16. When the wicked are in authority, sin flourishes, but the godly will live to see their downfall.
20. There is more hope for a fool
than for someone who speaks without thinking.
23. Pride ends in humiliation,
while humility brings honor.
27. The righteous despise the unjust;
the wicked despise the godly.
So as I follow the mandate to pray for all those in authority, I must pray that they stop being fools who listen to lies who speak without thinking in prideful ignorance despising godly things and thin skinned petulance.. as the proverb outlines.
This is the prayer that must be made.. the people are groaning under his leadership. Pray it stops...