Saturday, August 26, 2017

TO MY FRIENDS WHO DESPISE PRESIDENT TRUMP

(I didn't write this but I and agree in principle. It's good to see things from the other side. Time to come to an understanding)

I genuinely understand how you feel about President Trump. You despise the man. You think he is illegitimate. You think he never should have been elected in the first place. You think he is wholly unqualified and unworthy of the office he holds. You think he is a divisive figure who is completely lacking in any moral authority.
You worry about the future of the country. You wonder how we can survive four years of his incompetency. He simply does not stand for American values and fundamentally misunderstands what makes America the country that it is. You are in despair.
You believe his mere presence in the office diminishes its statute. You resent your fellow Americans for putting him in the White House. You don't consider him your president and every time he opens his mouth you can feel your blood pressure rising and the vein on your forehead throbbing.

Am I close to accurate?

How do I know you feel this way? Because IT IS THE EXACT SAME WAY I FELT ABOUT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA FOR EIGHT YEARS!

I survived those eight llloooooooonnnnngggggg years and you will survive eight years of President Trump. Suck it up buttercups.

I understand your frustrations but I don't particularly empathize with them because you put someone for whom I had the EXACT SAME FEELINGS you have about President Trump in the White House for eight years.

No comments: