Saturday, January 13, 2018

An Apocryphal Story that is MOSTLY True but has been changed to protect the innocent that Explains Donald Trump and X---holes





I have all kinds of people in my acquaintance, neighborhood and in my far extended family.  Many are really good folks who I enjoy spending life with.  Most I consider friendly… ish. 

Here’s a composite snapshot of them (I’ll call him Joe):

Joe has never really held down a real job.  Just odd jobs that went no where.  He has an education of sorts but to call him studious would be a mistake.  When I went to visit Joe he had a Motorcycle disassembled on his living room floor.  He’s handy enough.  Smoke filled the air.  How Joe on his limited income was able to buy $5 packs of cigarettes is beyond me.  He has always been on the dole.  Someone bought him a car.  The inside of it is a mess when Joe his wife and kids go somewhere they have to shovel out the garbage from the car to find a place to sit. 

He’s always out of money, but I know many people have given him a great deal and he has been offered decent employment, but he never made it work. 

He’s not a heavy drinker, but has a beer open most of the time.  When you go to his house to check on how Joe and his family are doing there’s always dirty dishes in the sink, clothes scattered around the house, unemptied garbage cans and the area around his trailer house looks like the city dump. 

The light in the kitchen isn’t working, a bulb is out.  Asking about it gets the response, “I’ll get to it real soon as soon as I get the money”. 

Joe shows up at our house often.  Cries the blues how broke he is.  His wife tries to work but she doesn’t have a way to get there because Joe can’t get out of bed. 

So Joe suggests since we have a pretty large house, would it be OK for him and Sandy and the two pumpkins to move into the basement till they get on their feet.  I have seen this story before.  A relative of ours fell for this and he was there for 3 years till they kicked him out.

We have a little pride in the way we try to live.  Try to be clean, try to be orderly, try to be responsible, try to be frugal, and try to live life above the mess.  When Joe came to stay (by himself) for a week when Sandy and the Kids left it wasn’t long before beer cans littered here and there.  I began picking up cigarette butts in my front yard and I don’t smoke.  Clothes began to end up here and there and they weren’t ours.  An empty McDonalds bag showed up in the bushes near my place.  I don’t eat at McDonalds.

Soon the life Joe leads began to become our life.  When we recognized the drift toward slovenly we kicked Joe out.  Sandy didn’t come back.  I don’t blame her.

Don’t get me wrong.  Joe as a person was delightful.  He would even tell you he was a Christian.   He would tell you that he lives by faith.  I have come to the conclusion he isn’t living by faith, HE’S A BUM.   He’s a slob with slob habits.  If we had let him bring his pit to our house permanently our house would have drifted into a pit as well.

AND THAT my friend is why President Trump loves this country and it’s culture than the former occupant in the White House did.  Why he respects what we have here and doesn’t want to destroy it by bringing in global JOE cultures and populations.

If on the other hand you want to be all touchy feely about these things, I’ll send Joe your address and he can move in with you.  Good luck with all that.

No comments: