1. Health is wealth. It is very costly to be unwell. Maintain mobility as much as possible. This means working out, exercise, walking, eating right, don’t abuse substances, stay on good terms with all people as much as possible and follow the Doctor’s orders. Don’t lean into the punch. Exercise your brain and your senses as well. And an apple a day does indeed keep the doctor away.
2. Don’t try to achieve prosperity by trying to live cheap. Achieve prosperity by earning as much as possible. You can’t save your way to wealth, don’t try. Earn more than you spend as much as possible.
3. Be frugal and sensible about living. Live within your means, but live as well as you can. Live your life as fully as you can. Enjoy your journey, it’s not always about work, but work can be enjoyed. Go to the beach. Go for walks. Do something that gives you pleasure. Watch TV selectively and LESS.
4. Companionship is a key to good health. Friends, Family, Faith. If you would have a friend, be a friend. People want to connect. Do so. If you have a spouse, live at peace as much as possible. He or she is a joy when you discover who they really are.
5. Learn to deal with worry. Worry lines are a sign of age. Don’t be that guy. Remember these principles in overcoming worry:
- Live in "Day-tight Compartments". Today’s Trouble is more than enough for Today.
- Learn How to FACE TROUBLE:
- Prepare to accept the WORST that could happen
- Keep calm and look for ways to improve on the worst that could happen
- Remind yourself of the exorbitant price you can pay for worry in terms of your health
Break the Worry Habit Before It Breaks You
- Keep busy
- Don't fuss about trifles
- Use the law of averages to outlaw your worries
- Cooperate with the Inevitable
- Decide just how much anxiety a thing may be worth and refuse to give it more
- Don't worry about the past
Cultivate A Mental Attitude That Will Bring You Peace and Happiness
- Fill your mind with thoughts of peace, courage, health, and hope
- Never try to get even with your enemies
- Expect ingratitude
- Count your blessings, not your troubles
- Find Yourself and Be Yourself (Remember There Is No One Else on Earth Like You)
- Try to profit from your losses
- Create happiness for others
6. Fill your mind with positive faith filled teaching, study and fellowship. Stay away from doom and gloom preaching. The world is made up of an ever expanding Kingdom of God. Be part of that.
7. Recognize that there will come a day when you will step from time into eternity. We can’t imagine how that will be.. but we can try. The Journey is the joy. Unspeakable joy waits on the other side.