Thursday, April 14, 2005

Redlin Hunting Lodge and Uncle John

I’m off to SD for a couple days. My Godfather and Uncle John Lee changed worlds and we are having a service for him in Florence. My mom’s family has only one of her siblings left. She died in 1959. Wow. Think of the spread.

I will be staying with my Cousin Wally at his Redlin Farms Lodge north of Watertown where I was born. My brother Jim has hunting Lodge (Autumn Breeze) near Ellendale. And, my distant cousin Terry is the famous one. You would think all the Redlin’s have ever done is hunt and fish. I wish it were more true. I shoot for a weekend a year and haven’t had a fishhook in the water in years.

Very sad. But I grow trees, Write and Preach. That’s enough life isn’t it? I think so.

I will tell all upon my return. These family reunions are always fun and interesting. PS: Uncle John must have done OK Godfathering. I made it.

No comments: