Friday, June 10, 2005

Hi Yo Silver, He’s Baaaack

I am not a team player, never have been. I’m good at being in charge or being a lone ranger.

This last week my weakness in this area became apparent. I traveled with a few other men in the nursery business touring the nursery growers in the southeast states.

I’m worn out. I’m not good at 24/7 with others. It’s not them, it’s me.

And, I shared a motel room (separate beds). Yikes!

But I’m home again. I’ll be traveling a fair amount this summer. ALONE!

Much of the trip was in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. It’s a beautiful place being polluted daily by condos, golf courses, and rocky top houses. Whatever yuppies are when they grow up are there.

Joni Mitchell sang, they take paradise, put up a parking lot.

I’ll blog on that issue later.

I wish I could have clicked my red slippers because there’s no place like home.



No comments: