Monday, July 18, 2005

Life Principles I believe #2

I do business with one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Gary. He is along in years. He has been a successful nurseryman. His people are slavishly loyal to him. Chris who was his manager for many years still sees him as one of the most decent men ever. What caused this incredible loyalty and success?

I know why. He is so thankful to everyone who works for him. He always ends a conversation with me by saying, Thanks so much or Thanks a million, or I really appreciate all your hard work. And he says it because he means it.

How does that make me feel? Like doing more. I go out of my way to do him a good job, to treat him right, to make sure I don’t short him in any way.

He never berates. He asks hard questions. But he always is appreciative.

Thank you, I appreciate you, you are really doing great here. They all get results none of us can imagine. I’m not talking flattery here. We can spot a phony right away. I’m talking HONEST and SINCERE. We can always find something to appreciate about everyone. I mean Hitler had Eva Braun. You can find something to appreciate about that so and so you work with every day.

There is ONE codicil. It must be sincere and sincerely delivered. Honest sincere appreciation. It costs nothing to give and it yields such huge dividends.

So, Give honest sincere appreciation and watch what happens.

No comments: