Sunday, November 13, 2005

Frontal Attack on Christianity

What follows is the text of a letter I wrote to NPR today. 
 
There is an attack on Christianity in America.  It's bad enough the persecution going on around the world, but this is here in the good old USA.
 
I think it's time to pull the plug on NPR's funding if they keep this up.
 

I listened with increasing upset to the man who had written a book regarding Creation Myths.   I am a steady listener to NPR and listen to Lianne on Sunday Mornings.  This was over the top.

 

I don’t mind discussing creation myths, but for this gentleman to talk about the virgin birth, ascension, resurrection and other deeply held creeded basic tenets of Christian faith as myth was out of line and revealed a prejudice against Christianity.  I don’t care if this man is a Pagan and doesn’t believe.  But to treat Christianity like some Harry Potter story is an insult and degrading.

 

I wonder if an attack on core beliefs of Muslims would have been as acceptable to NPR.   Why is this kind of frontal attack on the essentials of the Christian faith under attack on Public Radio?

 

 

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

Christianity "under attack?" How about Christianity "attacking." (See Iraq)
Peace.