Saturday, November 19, 2005

Gasoline Gloat

I have strong opinions. I even think I'm right much of the time.

I have come out strongly in certain areas. I have cautioned those who are of Chicken Little Lineage to chill out. Nothing is going to be as bad as you think.

My only reservation is bird flu.

But, Global Warming, Climate Change, CO2 emissions.

AND, Gasoline and Crude Oil prices. Look at this prediction from July 7, 2005.

Remember the panic? Gasoline was going to be $5 a gallon. We were all going to have to dump our SUVs and buy hybrids. Why doesn't Bush do something about this?
I just bought gas for $2 a gallon. A price starting to appear all over the place.

I advised, no, now is a GOOD time to make a GOOD deal on an SUV and that the price of Gasoline will settle back around $2 a gallon for a long time to come.

My more Small Fowl friends were not impressed. Give us a reason you believe this? How can you say this?

I would like to tell you I get special messages from on high, but frankly I'm a competent student of history, economics, human behavior, the markets and good (as opposed to junk) science.

Relax, fuel up the old suburban and go for a drive. We need the global warming, it's cold as heck here in IL.

No comments: