Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Apostate Agnostic Religion Professors

Last Week on Public Radio, a department of Religion head from the University of North Carolina was speaking with Dianne Rehm regarding a new book he just released: Misquoting Jesus.  His Name is Bart Ehrman

 

He freely admits he is no longer a Christian.  He was a student for 3 years at Moody Bible Institute and 3 years at Wheaton College, an evangelical institution.  And now he's proudly and happily an agnostic. He is the head of the Dept of Religion at the University of North Carolina.

 

His book questions EVERYTHING about the tenets of the Bible.  If a person was on the fence and was looking for a reason NOT to believe you could find it there.  He attempts to debunk pretty much everything including the virgin birth, divinity of Jesus, and much of the old Testament. 

 

He pretty much doesn’t believe anything he used to.  And he is trying his best to destroy belief in others by what he writes and teaches.  These people are teaching impressionable young people pure mental mush.  And worse tax dollars are doing it.   This is just plain wrong.  Where are the Church State Sereratetists in all this?

 

Ehrman is not as Anti Christian as the writings and attacks of the now former Head of the Department of Religion at Kansas University.  Paul Meircki

 

He's the guy I'm wrote about below who wanted to present a class called "Creation and other myths of Religion".  He has since stepped down as dept head under pressure after derogatory emails about Christians were found written by him and many (including me) created an uproar.

 

I have a few questions which theologians in education at colleges, particularly Christian Colleges should be responsible to answer those of us who have become very suspect of anything that comes from the apostate Religion departments of academia, even from so called Christian Colleges:

 

  • Why do educational institutions seem determined to put into the leadership of Religion departments those people that seem determined to oppose the Gospel?

 

  • How did a man like Ehrman who was 6 years in what I would have thought to be good sound conservative education in this area become an avowed agnostic?

 

  • Why do the emanations from Religion departments of most academic institutions seem not just content to teach about religion but to take a tact directly opposing faith in God? 

 

I have taken a position to stop reading most “Christian Books" because I   so many are faith robbing and compromised.  This kind of thing only reinforces my view.  I am very careful what I will allow in my mind and spirit anymore.

 

I will admit, I am NOT open-minded about this.  “I know in whom I have believed......”

 

Someone in the know somehow please help those of us on the radical outskirts come to grips with an apostate academic community trying to teach what they don't believe or understand (blinded  2 Cor. 4:2-4 ) .

 

I understand we are to pray for these men.  But, Jesus didn't spend much time trying to reform the Pharisees.  Not that he didn't care, but because they were teachers and that calling was more accountable He confronted them directly.  “Let not many of you be teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive heavier judgment”.  James 3:1

 

WWJD with these two and the hundreds of others, some perhaps even at a Christian College near you?  This is an area of deep concern for me, I'm hoping someone has an answer on how we as believers should approach and confront this direct attack on the faith.

 


  

 

 

No comments: