Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Revolution – Epilogue (#9 of 9)

I am a student of Shakespeare. In the play, Julius Cesar, Cesar has just been murdered. Brutus (of et tu Brute’) is giving a talk at his funeral in eulogy. He says, “Lowliness is young ambition's ladder, Whereto the climber-upward turns his face; But when he once attains the upmost round, He then unto the ladder turns his back, Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees By which he did ascend”.

Even in spiritual things as a person goes higher and experiences more there is a potential to look down on those who are not where you have come to. I will not do that. My desire is to say as the Glorified Jesus in Heaven said to John in Revelation 4:1, “Come up Here”. I wish every person could experience what I am. That’s why I wrote this.

I didn’t get here alone. I am here by the grace of God and because so many faithful men and women of God helped me along the way. Now some of those same people need to be encouraged to “Come up Here”. Thanks to Curt, Rod, Todd, Pr Dan, Barry, Tim, Dr Lyon, Dr. Carpenter, and so many more I could name.

This is only the beginning of the beginning. We know in part, we prophecy in part but the Glory is being revealed. Let he who has ears to hear, hear what the Spirit says.

You can live like this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene, my heart is swelling, but I'm still holding back - I know this is about transformation and I love Romans 12:1, but why do I feel heart-cuffed? I desire intimacy, but afraid of going all the way. Thanks for your series - I will reread and ponder God's words through you. Thanks for taking the risk to share it, even tho' you didn't even think it was. Your brother in Christ, wanting to go deeper.

Seven Star Hand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.