Saturday, November 18, 2006

Spectrum Analysis of the Continuum

I love to use big words even I don’t understand. But there is a serious point.

I was in a worship service last night and began asking this question. Where on the spectrum or continuum is this time we are having here? I began to understand that there is capacity to analyze the experience.

NOMINAL CHURCH OF THE LUKEWARM -----------WHAT GOD WANTS OF US

Preaching leading to knowledge ------------Prophetic Utterance leading to life changes

Teaching leading to understanding ----------Anointed Impartation of the knowledge of
God


Worshiptainment, Performance, Music -----First Commandment driven Cries of Love
sung with passion by everyone

Sacraments Administered ------------------God Encountered at a manifest level


Offerings Taken ------------------Joy in Giving and Obedience to Access his Grace

Announcements Made ----------------------A call to action in ministry opportunities


Blessings given -----------------------------Altar Ministry that rebukes the work of the devil


Passing of the Peace ------------------------ Agape Love shared with a brother or sister

Conversations in the Hall After Church


Greeting by the Pastor -----------------------A word of Prophecy and Encouragement


The Bears, Bizness, Health ....................The Wonder of it all, God's goodness and Mercy



The analysis may make some of us uncomfortable. That's OK. We need to ask ourselves the question, how do we move from lukewarm blue to red hot. That's the place I want to be, and I'm betting you do too. We may not get all the way there, but knowing where we can go can move us forward with creative discontent at the way things are and to the way things could be. I'm a confirmed anti-Laodocien.

I know that among the hundred or so who read this you may think this is just about you. Marie, it is about what we talked about last night. I will take that picture. Last night’s meeting was supernatural. It's what motivated me to write this.

But, we must ask ourselves as ministers, are we doing what God expects or have we dumbed down the mission he gave us? Shouldn’t every time we get together be a supernatural encounter?

I believe. I believe we can. I believe we MUST!

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Cold is preferable to lukewarm. Cold can be rebuked.