Sunday, December 10, 2006

Between Two Worlds

I am between two worlds right now.

I'm feeling more peaked than usual. Sniff, Cough, Ache.
But I'm a tough old goat, I'll get back to the otherworld of wholeness soon.

My business days are wrapped up for the year. We are in the process of finishing things up and beginning for next year. That is the nature of seasonality in the nursery business. Between two worlds. Good world in the year gone by, hopeful one in the year yet coming.

I'm back to a routine that is December for me, It's one I value and nurture. I was in Dallas. Another World. At a conference that opened my eye to a world I have long been a part of but on the outside looking in. Now I'm back in my world. Very interesting. Without elaboration, I was changed and see the world differently as a result of that conference.

During the Conference we stayed at what must be the largest resort hotel in the world. Maybe it isn't. But it was for me. The Gaylord Texan in Grapevine TX. WOW! I honestly have never seen anything that intentionally grandueresque (if that's a word) in my life. And, I'm hard to impress. I have traveled all over the world. I have been lots of places. It was another world. I found it interesting to go there but I wouldn't want to live there (in the hotel).

In about 13 days we make our occasional trip to ND for Christmas. It is going to be interesting, painful, difficult and perhaps enlightening. We will only be there for 5 days. Long enough and short enough. That is for me now another world. A world of familiarity and yet strangeness. Son Kevin is coming in to help drive his older than he parents to Dakota land. It's always good to go to that other world and then to return.

In the end, I'm happy where I am, doing what I do, with whom I do those things. I couldn't do what I do elsewhere. I feel sorry for those who are less than content with life as they know it. It's so short and so terminal, there is little reason to spend one minute of it in a world not of your first choice.

There are two worlds, choose carefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Joshua: "As for me and my house...we choose to live in HIS world!"

Besides--if this world and all of its "stuff" is all I have to look forward to--I've been ripped off!