Monday, December 04, 2006

Evangelical Splits

I am grieved at a split taking place in the evangelical arm of the Church.  It was prophesied.  I didn't really want to believe it.
 
Up till recently you could count on most evangelical Christians to be conservative, maybe not in politics, but in approaches to things like, life (abortion), Stem Cell research using human embryos, end of life euthanasia, support for Israel, support of the President in his office, condemnation of evil as manifested by radical Islam, homosexuality as sin, homosexuality in the pulpit and church leadership, Church and state issues and many other culturally radical left wing ideas.
 
There has for a while been a wedge driven into the mainstream of evangelicalism by a group known as the Sojourners.  They have pumped compromise into the body of Christ until now many formerly well grounded leaders have tipped into apostasy.  I call it that because that's what it is.
 
A few weeks ago I raised the red flag on this blog regarding Rick Warren's foray into this arena.  Now the leader of Sojourners is identifying himself with left-wing politics.
 
I am frankly discouraged with this.  This isn't good for the Body of Christ. What fellowship can darkness have with light.  As they move away from truth I no longer can treat them other than how I would treat others of the world. These foolish people are hoping being lukewarm and middle of the road will win people. 
Nothing could be further from the truth. We were warned that in the last days many would exchange evil for good and good for evil.  We were warned that many people's love would grow cold.  We were warned that people, even ministers, would do things to puff themselves up.
 
Well, it's here.  As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and not the Sojourners.  It's always true, a tiny bit of compromise ultimately leads to apostasy.  It must.
 
So be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear, for the Father up above is looking down in love so be careful little eyes what you see.
 
Oh, and for those who will write me for causing splits, hatemongering, causing division, consider this:  I DIDN'T CHANGE, MOVE OR MODIFY MY POSITION, THEY DID.
 
Take your anger out on them.  They are causing this split and it grieves me terribly.  This WILL be held against them, by someone much more than me.  They were put in charge of souls, leading them down these paths is a terrible and fearsome thing.  Did HE ever know them.....................?

No comments: