Friday, September 21, 2007

What is Happening to Western World - do we even deserve to survive?

 Here's a story that turns my stomach.  A woman falls to the ground with pancreatic failure.  She is dying.  (My brother, a diabetic, died in somewhat the same way). 
 
A bystander watches her fall and dying and instead of trying to help finds an accomplice to get a video of it for YOU TUBE.  The man laughs at the woman, goes over to her dying in pain on the ground and pees on her.  Takes it out and pees right on the dying woman.  Then covers her in shaving cream.  Later perhaps out of repentance he gets a bucket of water and throws on her.  She's already dead.
 
 
There are comments on the tails of both these stories.  This didn't happen in some Mayan jungle.  (I just watched Apocolypto).  This didn't happen in the slums of Rio.  This didn't happen in Sudan.
 
This happened in Merry Old England.  The soul of the world once said.  The sun never sets on the British Empire they said.
 
How did a country that used to be spiritually and morally such that Bobbies didn't even carry guns.  How did a country like Britain drift so far.  Even in the USA this kind of mans inhumanity to man is out there.
 
We were not always like this.  Do we deserve to survive as a society?  I would like to fix blame.  TV.  Jackass TV Shows.  You Tube Fame.  Stupid Human Tricks.  He blames Marijuana and Alcohol.  I blame a lack of any sense of humanity at all.
 
Several people in the comments section have noted that he should be castrated for this crime against humanity.
 
I would go further if you get my drift.  I'd make it that for the rest of his life on earth he would never be able to do this again and that he would have to sit to pee forevermore.
 
But, that's why I'm not king.

No comments: