Saturday, January 19, 2008

Martin Luther King and Mike Huckabee

I've never been a fan of gradual change. I'm a big bang guy. That's why I support action like the Iraq war rather than dink around with the UN to solve problems internationally.

This has always been my style. If it's right, do it. Oh, I get into trouble for this from time to time but I have been more often rewarded for taking life by the horns and acting boldly.

Gradualism always seems to be attractive. It seems like it will be less painful. Oh, it will hurt less in the short run, but in the long run it's much more painful and you end up with nothing but frustration.

Bold action gets bold results. That's what I want in a leader.

Martin Luther King in the I have a Dream speech said: This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy.

Mike Huckabee put out a radical tax scheme. His opponents poo pooed him. That's gradualism. Trying to fix the tax code with diddling around with it with tax cuts like Mc Cain and Thompon want to do is weak gradualism. Romney is little better. Gulliani has a plan but he can't win. Huckabee has a plan that works.

I leave Ron Paul out. He's the only R I won't vote for.

Do we want our government to work or do we want to take another Zoloft and stay the party of ineptitude.

No comments: