Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rap DNGene

Last Night on the Plane I sat next to a young (35) year old black man. A rapper. Fully regaled in all out Rap regalia.

We talked of music, of Mace (a singer and pastor), of Fifty Cent (who I blogged on earlier). He's a sound guy. He was very very interesting. Knew much about the whole rap scene.

He has seen all the
idiocy in the black community. He grew up on the west side of Chicago. He's real street. But a good guy. I offered him a ride home. His girl was coming to get him. So nope.

Here's the most
interesting thing to me, He's a black man, grew up in a broken home, a rapper by trade and (are you ready for this) a conservative. Big time.

I know these people are out there. The black populace is not uniform in any way.
Certainly not in support for Obama or the democrats. He was angry about the Dems over not drilling for oil.

He grew up poor and still is not rich but he is not fooled by the
demagogues in so called black leadership.

It was inspiring to talk to him. He has a new rap album coming out. I will plug it when it hits. I've already seen the basis for it. More soon.

Now a confession. I'm an old white guy but sometimes I listen to Rap music. So does my music major son. I know a little bit about it all and despite the negativity, good rap can be really good.

We agreed on what was good. Much of what is on the radio today is NOT good. More to come on that as well. Just for clarity, I don't listen to Rock and Roll on the radio and seldom listen to Christian Music on the radio. For the same reasons.

I guess it gave me hope that there are conservative right thinking black men and women who despise the misleaders in the Black community.

No comments: