Friday, February 20, 2009

Watching a slow slide into apostacy

I have a man I consider a friend. Someone I have had a good relationship with. I don't think he reads this blog anymore. I am concerned about him.

Over the last couple years I have watched him slowly but surely slip into apostasy. Not all at once. It's never all at once. Just drip drip drip drip....

No crisis initiated this. Some people become apostate as Darwin did at the loss of a child. No, this apostasy comes from pollution. Nothing horrible to start with. Just continuing to pour worldly things into his spirit until now he has hardened his heart towards God. Too many books. Too many movies. Too much TV. Too much sports (yes sports can become a God replacer) and too much politics. The last one is one I have to watch. I can go over the top in that area.

I would speak to him about this, but he's not ready to hear. He's the classic frog in the pot that is beginning to boil.

Part of his spiritual demise is his intellect. He's a very smart man. So much so that he believes he can play Russian roulette in the spirit and just dump anything in there and his intellect will save him. It won't. It can't.

He has a blog, I see by his blog that he is beginning to have others question his drift. I will stay out of it. He no longer hears my input. He has succumbed to the spirit of Jezebel that always tries to silence the voice of the Prophets.

I am sad about him. He was on the verge of breakthrough. He had become connected in the spirit with some Christians of real power. The Devil knew he would be dangerous if he entered into this realm. This man was targeted in spades. Just like Adam and Eve. I can't imagine the levels of deception that must be going on in his head. People like him are most targeted right at the edge of a spiritual breakthrough.

I am believing God that he will repent. That he will come back. That we won't become a Spong, Ehreman or like the Episcopalians that have fallen by the wayside.

I'm hoping he will find the true God once again and not just find knowledge about God. I know this about the Father's dealings with us, when we drift too far, the Father in heaven will discipline us, it will be harsh and sudden. It will be very painful. Then. he will return. or he will die.

Of course he can avoid all this pain by repentance. That will be humbling. Right now his prideful state won't allow for that kind of humbling.

Come on Home Brother.

No comments: