Thursday, July 16, 2009

43 years ago today

The 7 year countdown has begun.

Yowsers!

Today is Peggy and My Wedding day plus 43. It certainly isn't the hot windy Dakota day it was then. I certainly am not the man I was then, I'm so much more (in size). She's not the woman I married, thank God. She is much better.

I love her now more and better than I ever did. It just works that way.

Who knew it would work. There were near misses. That's how it happens. But despite the rocks in the road we have persevered and here we are. It's been a glorious ride despite...

Oh, the 7 year countdown is to FIFTY. It isn't possible that we could be celebrating fifty years soon. We're not that old. Fifty................I was 14 fifty years ago.

Time really DOES fly. Blink..... and then.

Here we are!

Yowsers!!

3 comments:

rbb said...

Congratulations my friend.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, youngsters! blessings to you both. May God give many more years together.
... Harold

Steve Scott said...

Congratulations, Gene and Peggy! May you see another 43.