Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Health Care Bill is dead, I'm sort of in Mourning

I do NOT have a deep stake in the whole health care debate. I have followed it, opined and wondered about it all.

One thing is certain, an ugly underbelly has shown itself in this conversation. An ugly underbelly of conservatives. I am a conservative but I reject the self righteousness of the insured conservative that assumes everyone else is JUST LIKE THEM.

They aren't.

So, I am not happy that we are going to leave this whole mess as it is. There must be some way short of full on nationalization of our health care industry to correct the misdirection that exists.

We have rationing now. Insurance companies do it.
We have government health care now, Medicare and Medicaid, They are bankrupt.
We have the best most unaffordable health care on the planet. Thousand dollar gasoline makes a BMW useless. That's what we have right now. Useless except to those with money or big time insurance.

I have a solution. I wish I could offer it to someone who could make a difference. There appears to be some wise people who have solutions. Judd Gregg, Bob Bennett and Ron Wyden have teamed up to support a pretty effective solution.

I wish the politics would stop. I wish the Marxist solutions that Obama offered could be taken off the table. I wish Nancy Pelosi was an honest broker. I wish Harry Reid was a real leader. I wish most of the Republicans in the House and Senate didn't have their heads so firmly implanted in the sand. I wish the fair and honest voices who really want to solve problems, could.

This isn't a good thing. The big talkers on radio like Rush, Sean, Mark and others who keep saying that people are happy with things as they are (they aren't) and that there aren't really very many uninsured who want to be (a lie).

I wish they would start telling the truth. Like Sarah Palin said.

I hope she becomes a voice of sanity. We sure need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was someone I was given by the Lord for a period of time (9 mo.).
I was to minister, pray, testify and encourage for that period of time. It was repetitive at times, quoting scripture after scripture but then one day I was released.
The Lord showed me the following: This person only wanted to receive on Wednesdays, before noon and it was to be folded up in half, placed in an envelope and slid under the backdoor. Here was this person who desperately needed everything the Lord had for him and instead, this person had terms.
It is a view of how we look to the Lord when He wants to heal us but we have terms for Him.
(Sometimes the Lord will have us go through dr.'s and procedures and I am not speaking to that.)

Anonymous said...

I have continued to think about this because I think we are going to see this healthcare bill pass.
It may radically affect those who have not trusted in the Lord fully for their health.