Thursday, March 17, 2011

I should be dead

I should be dead, or have all kinds of problems. I don't. I just had a birthday. I'm in pretty good shape (Round IS a shape). When I was a kid we used to coat pennies with liquid mercury. It was fun. We played with it. It rolled around. I'm sure there is still some on the floor of the room we play with this in.

When holidays took place we went to my Grandma Lee's house. Huge meal. Then the coffee would be made. The house would be strong with food smells, coffee and SMOKE. All my uncles would smoke cigarette after cigarette. I know I must have inhaled pounds of second hand smoke. Yet...I'm alive. I'm not FOR smoking, I just think this second hand smoke things is way overblown.

We took a bath and washed our hands occasionally. Even when we played outside. In the mud. In the cow-pies. Yet....I'm alive. In our pastures were dead animals. The big problem we all knew about was Anthrax. Yet....

My dad had a company called Star Uranium. We had lots and lots of high potency uranium samples. Had a couple of Geiger Counters. It was fun to watch them go right off the charts. I played with raw uranium and frankly some refined uranium. I glow a bit at night, but here I am.

We all had guns. A lot of guns. We shot them all the time. AND yet no one died. We knew that if you point a gun at anything it means you intend to kill it.

When I hear all the scare tactics about second hand smoke, germs, mercury poisoning and a hundred other toxins that should kill us at once. It doesn't. It won't.

I wish people would get a grip on the fear that is everywhere.

Please

No comments: