Friday, January 20, 2012

I think we have such public meetings, they are called crusades. The purpose is to help seekers hear a gospel message. The problem as i see it is we h...ave degraded the believers service to a lukewarm don't offend anyone, particularly believers meeting. It then neither serves to evangelize the unbeliever nor edify the believer. I know Luther backed away from this position under pressure...but based on what I am sensing, we need to revisit this. I have not seen the video about the young man and the church, loving Jesus but hating Church and religion. I have intentionally stayed away from it. BUT, I did read an editorial just this morning on the Wall Street Journal website that touches this.

online.wsj.com
In The Wall Street Journal's Houses of Worship column, Jonathan D. Fitzgerald wr...ites of Jefferson Bethke's viral video, which is raising old theological disputes.

No comments: