Friday, September 21, 2012

I am a conservative charismatic Christian. I follow Jesus, the God/man who was born of a virgin and died for my sin to connect me with my loving Father in heaven. In the modern world my faith and moral commitments are often publicly mocked and ridiculed. When this happens I don't demonstrate violently in the streets. I don't throw rocks, burn embassies, issue death threats, kill innocent people in mass bombings or behead the infidel. I don't burn others' places of worship or abridge their rights as citizens to worship as they please. I don't blame and hate entire nations for the disrespect the few hurl at my beliefs and my Savior. My Jesus teaches me to love my enemies, to bless them and pray for them. This I do to the best of my ability. If you are one whose spiritual hunger is growing and you consider what faith to embrace, remember these things.

No comments: